+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice on first ever girlfriend

Need advice on first ever girlfriend

Right, so ive never had a girlfriend before, ever, and this incredibly good looking younger girl who just amazing in every way started flirting with me, so after about 2 months when i realized she was flirting with me we started talking alot, long story short after a very long text chat where we both sounded like 10 year olds in school she told me she likes me and i told her i like her back

I told her ive never had a girlfriend before and she said she thought it was cute. And after that she took me aside and out of the blue kissed me on the lips.

But the thing is, i just don't get why she likes me, im a nice funny guy, but im soooo far from good looking or fit, and she is both.

From what i know she usualy has "bad boys", guys who turn out to be ass holes.

And i read that its rare if a girl initiates the first kiss, so is this a good thing?

and what should i do now, we live quite far apart, i drive she dosnt, we are gonna be at a party together on friday but i dont want to come across to strong cause i really like this girl, i mean ive fancied allot of girls, but ive never liked one enough to tell her untill now.

Any advice would be great, thankyou for reading.

How old are the both of you?

She is clearly into you. Be natural and do whatever you feel is right. Don't be afraid of showing her that you reciprocate. She is already into you, so you won't scare her off even if you seem clumsy or shy or whatever. That's probably part of what she likes in you. Be the first to kiss her this time, make sure she knows how you feel about her. Just don't start talking about a serious relationship just yet : ).

thanks for your reply, shes 17 and im 20, which actually put me off at first but she kept saying that she prefers older guys and was dating a 20 year old when she was 16.

20-17 is not a big age gap at all, don't worry. Is she still in high school though? Different lifestyles are a big deal in the long run.

we are in the uk so shes in college, i work.

College is definitely better than high school in terms of closeness to adulthood - you should be ok : ).

thanks searock you have helped allot, ive just gotta play it cool now though right, i dont want to scare her off xD

Just make sure you pay attention to her body language and feelings. If you sense that she wants to get physically closer to you, it's safe to touch her hands, face, to put an arm around her shoulders, I dunno whatever comes natural. I really think you should kiss her, too. But only if you sense that she is comfortable with it, of course. Don't talk about anything (relationship, dating) before you've properly made out. Talking about how you feel about her is ok at any time - as long as you don't declare undying love for her just yet : ).

thanks, im gonna separate from her a bit till friday, i think i may have texted her a bit to much yesterday, even though she said she liked it i noticed that she never actually texted me unles it was a reply, so i think i should step back a bit?

Ok now I know her age and yours (which is important!) I can say, girls at that age sometimes go for personality more than looks. They are still exploring dates and men, so sometimes they go for a certain look, sometimes they go for a certain personality and confidence. You sound like you are confident being yourself, so she likes that.

Yes it's rare a girl initiates the first kiss. Most don't have the confidence to do so. She seems to be confident, about boys anyway, so that's a plus.

I've also known a girl who was a self-admitted "virgin eraser". They liked to make virgins happy. That's all there was to it. She might be that.

Whatever angle she has, be kind, respectful, honest, and share emotions with her. Girls like that. You don't have to cry every day, that's too much. Just share something with her that touched you.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Okay so just an update, we where at a party last night and things went great, but she told me that she really likes me and wants to be with me in the future but not right now cause she got out of a 9 month relationship 2 months ago, so she just wants to hang out and do stuff together till shes ready, which im happy to do as she says shes not gonna go looking or trying to get off with other guys or anything, she just wants to be single for awhile, any opinions?

<fieldset>
    <legend>Bharat</legend>
    <hr>
    But the thing is, i just don't get why she likes me, im a nice funny guy, but im soooo far from good looking or fit, and she is both.

From what i know she usualy has "bad boys", guys who turn out to be ass holes.

And i read that its rare if a girl initiates the first kiss, so is this a good thing?
    </fieldset>