I started posting here back in fall of 2009, when I met a new woman (after the end of my 12-years marriage). We had our ups and downs, I felt insecure, I lost my job, her deadbeat ex-husband stopped paying, I went into debt for her, we got engaged, postponed our wedding, moved in together in June of this year, and here we are.

Many of the posters a year ago said she was a gold digger, and was overly pampered with her $1,800 spa treatments and $4,000 spending on my credit card. Well, I am happy to say it all stopped once I lost my job again, and we moved in together. She got a part time job at my dad's clinic, and restarted medical school again. I work 2 jobs, support my kids and her kids, and everyone seems to be happy for now. We just celebrated our 2 years anniversary of dating. I feel she really appreciates me, and she is gradually learning how to be more money-conscious.

We argued about some emotionally hurtful things in the past, but we always worked things out. But two weeks ago, we had an argument which I thought was trivial, but she just wouldn't let go. She is still upset right now. Here is what happened:

We were taking our kids to the harvest festival, and she packed some whole wheat, low-fat peanut butter jelly sandwiches. She asked if I wanted one, and I said "frankly I don't like that at all". She paused and was devastated. She claimed that I always liked her PB&J sandwiches, but that's not the case. I just eat it....because I don't really care about food during my busy days (I work 14 hours per day during the week). She asked what else I didn't like, and I told her.....basically a lot of the stuff she makes. I just eat it... I don't care... She makes organic vegetables and turkey sandwiches which I don't really like. I hate whole wheat bread....but I just eat it, and she assumes that I like it. I told her if I had my way, I would be eating fried chicken and ribs every day. She got so upset she cried for DAYS!!!! Yes I was a bit insensitive to tell her the truth, but I felt she was eventually going to find out. I am not used to bringing lunch/dinner to work.... over the last 15 years I probably brought lunch 10 times. Management and executives in Los Angeles generally go out for lunch because it's fast, convenient, and we can afford it. I'm just not used to this new lifestyle of bringing lunches, especially foods that I don't like. I have been eating her cooking since June (2011) when we moved in together. She did some cooking for me before we moved in, but it was not every day.... so I was okay with it. She told me I took away all of her joy in taking care of me. I told her it's not a big deal. I'll still eat what she packs for me...and am very grateful and appreciative. But no one can force me to like anything..... that's it. I feel bad for hurting her feelings, but I also feel it's blown way out of proportions. Any advice?