+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I move on?

Should I move on?

My ex broke up with me about 2 months ago, she said that I could never make her happy...... and that her work schedule is too busy right now and she needed to for herself. I followed her to a city 1200 miles away from any of my friends or family and got depressed and emotionally shut down. For whatever reason I was so stressed, nervous and depressed that I couldnt communicate. Then about a week after I moved out and we had broke up she would come over every morning and give me rides to work and to talk and get breakfast with me etc...... I started therapy to deal with my issues with stress and depression and I've really gotten a lot better. She knows about this and was very very happy that I am getting help. Then she started working like 7 days a week 16 hours a day. She texted and said she was very sorry she didn't have time for me right now..... then contact stopped for another two weeks..... then she started calling and texting to see if I was okay, or just to talk etc...... then we hung out one day and said she was worried that by the time she would want me back I will have found someone else..... I told her don't worry I can wait if its for you...... I started to move on but wasn't dating anyone or having interest in dating...... then one night she texted and said, I need to stay with you tonight, I'll be there at 2.30a.m. she came over and was exhausted, we talked a little and then she fell asleep with me, we ended up sleeping together the same way we had when everything was great. No sex, just woke up in each others arms smilling and happy..... then she dissapeared for another week, but still texted to check up on me. Then about a week later she called and said she would get out of work early and wanted to hang out, well we went out and had a few drinks and I alluded to moving on, I said I'm really happy now and my therapy and getting help has really worked for me... I said I'm saving to travel to thailand and I'm looking forward to travelling alone and she had a super sad expression on her face... i said I'm thinking about moving back home and her voice changed completely and she sounded sad and distressed......we ended up back at my place for some really amazing sex..... during sex she told me she loved me and loves my... ****. I hung out with her for a while a day or two after that and when she hugged me she shed a tear. Then dissapeared again for a week..... so I got drunk and sent her some diryt texts, she used to love those from me..... but I felt bad because if we're moving on I think we should so I apologized the next day and didn't hear from her for 4 days..... she called me at midnight a few days later to say she wasn't mad, she had just been out of town working and her cell phone was shut off.... and invited me to her halloween party, I couldn't come because I had to work early and was already sleeping. We talked the next day for like an hour after I got out of work and said I'd like to hang out, she said she couldn't because she had to work early the next day but she was really excited because she had 3 days off that week and wanted to hang out then. Then she said she was sorry we broke up how we did. So I said I'd be looking forward to it. Now today is the day I should be hearing from her, and I feel like I've finally started to get over her. I still miss her and I'd do anything for her to be back, its just the pain of being seperated is over, I miss her but it doesn't hurt like it used to. I know that if we are going to be back together it has to be a new relationship, we can't continue where we left off..... but should I hang on and wait for her, or do you think its completely over? Should I call her to remind her she said she would hang out today, or do i wait and see if she calls? If we do hang out, how should I express that I'm still into her and waiting for her without appearing to sappy and weak and needy? I just can't figure out her signals....

i dont understand why she would break up with you if she really loves you so much. and then she keeps going back and forth with you, sounds to me like she doesnt really know what she wants. and then she puts u on hold? will u wait for me and all that other bs? come on now. i dont know you, but id say you deserve better. too many problems to deal with.

Love is merely madness.
    William Shakespeare

Geez man, stop playing her game and either tell her to take it or leave it. If she pulls this "not right now" bullshit then move back home and let her do whatever makes her happy.

She is CLEARLY just holding you in limbo while she works on other personal things, maybe even another guy. Don't be such a puppy and tell her what you want, and if it can't happen to never call you again.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley