+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wondering if he wanted my number...

Wondering if he wanted my number...

Sorry for the length! I just wanted to give details if it may help getting better advice and perspective on the situation.

------------------------------

So in these 3 past weeks, I've been going to this resturant that is just up the street from my college. I used to go there all the time with friends and such, but since I've been taking off from school, I haven't been going. Now that I'm back in school, I only go in on Mondays as I have time to kill before class.

I always sit in the same spot at the bar area, and usually, even when I used to go all the time, the waiters/bartender and manager never really talked to me, just served and what not. Only one waiter remembered me. Well one Monday, I was just having a bad morning and when I got there, I wasn't being served, so I was a bit annoyed at this. That's when one of the waiters noticed me and finally came over, and asked if I was alright and such. I told him I wasn't being served, in a bit annoyed tone. He apologizes for it, and begins to serve me and throughout my time there, he was very attentive, always checking up on me, making sure I was alright and had everything I wanted. it really made up for the sucky service earlier. I'm not thinking to much into this, as I believe he is simply doing his job, as I begin to leave, he calls out to me and asks if he'll see me in again next week, I do answer with a yes.

So I come in again the following week, I get served by someone different, but the waiter from the previous week comes in to start working. I don't think he noticed me or remembered me, but as he gets ready to start working, he comes to me and starts chatting with me, asking how my day is and such ( so he did remember me). We don't interract much this time around, cept for when he would walk by and ask how I'm doing. but once again as I'm leaving, he says to me " I'll see you again next week right?" so I say yes.

Now, this past Monday, I did go in as usual. Once again I get a different server, he takes my drink order and brings it to me. That's when the other waiter comes out and comes to me and says " You waiting for me?" with a big smile. I laugh and tell him that a different server is serving me, he laughs and says "ok". That's when I noticed that the first server I had, just stopped serving me, and the one I've been conversing with, is now my new waiter. So like usually he takes my order, and this time he keeps coming back to me, chatting with me more and such. His co workers are also seeming to be chatting with me a lot more now, His manager asked me if I needed anything, the bartender asks me where I was from and such, it was just very interesting to me and different, cause it just happened so suddenly, they're were being a bit more friendly than usual and paying more attention to me than any other time I've been there.

While I ate my food, he would come back and sit near me, and when he would leave to tend to the other attendants, he would always say " I'll be right back". And while He was chatting with me, the bartender calls over to him and says " Why don't you ask if she wants more water" and proceeds to laugh, so my waiter says back " hey, hey, I've got it.I'm taking care of her, don't worry about it" and he goes to refil my water, telling me not to mind the bartender, he's just kidding. I also got this dessert, that was too big for me to finish and he makes a comment that he would like to help me, but he was on the clock, so he couldn't.

So I pay for my meal and I learn his name then I leave, now what I'm wondering is, should I have left my number, or is it still too early to do that? I always pay with cash, so when he returned with my change, he left a pen inside the check holder thing. I don't know if he left it by accident, or did it on purpose...or was it for me to write down how much tip I left ( though I never have done this at anyplace...but never know lol)

Thanks!

should I have left my number, or is it still too early to do that?
    The real question is, are you attracted to him? Is he physically good looking? Or are you just swooned by him because he is giving you a good service and keeps checking up on you whilst you're having your food?

I don't know if he left it by accident, or did it on purpose...or was it for me to write down how much tip I left
    In my opinion, us Guys dont tend to read into such a small detail. However, to be exactly sure of this; why don't you ask the manager of the bar (considering he is more friendly to you now) what the policy is on tipping and if waiters have to record their tips? If they do have to record their tips, then there's your answer. If they don't have to record it, you still have the chance that he left the pen by accident.

Overall, I think that next time youre in there and he leaves you the receipt, you should write a message on it with something along the lines of

"Fancy sharing that peice of Cake and maybe grab a Coffee sometime? Give me a call: *Insert Number* From "insert name*.

Then the ball is in his court. Guys are turned on by and are surpirsed by girls who make the first move :-)

Goodluck
    x