+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Right thing to do?

Right thing to do?

My ex girlfriend has always been by my side and we have always been unseperable until the past month. She has decided it would be best if we "moved on" from each other because she doesn't want a relationship right now. SHe wants to still talk and be able to be friends but I wasn't sure if i could handle that right now. I told her maybe it would be best if we didn't talk for a while until i had time to get over her because it would hurt too much having her right there in front of me and not being able to have her for myself. I miss her so much and now im wondering if this is the right thing to do?

i think your plan is the right way to go. I feel the only way to get over your ex is to stop all contact, b/c everytime you talk to her old feelings may comeback and you might get your hopes back up. Personally, i dont think i could be friends with an ex, b/c like you said i couldn't take hanging out with an ex and knwing "i could have her to myself" (or something along these lines) or better yet that she was going out with someone else. So like i said your best bet is to stop all contact with her, and if she means enough to you, maybe you will be eventually be able to be ok with being friends.