+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do guys approach girls on a purely friendly motive?

Do guys approach girls on a purely friendly motive?

Given a guy is not gay, do guys approach and introduce themselves to girls without having any sort of interest in them whatsoever?

I was at a social event after church a few weekends ago, and I was talking to two of my guy friends (whom I've known for a while)...My two guy friends walked away and then a completely new guy I've never seen/met before came up to me, smiled and asked me my name and also introduced himself. Was that just a friendly gesture or was he interested at all in any way? We talked for a good 15-20 minutes. I thought he was cute and I asked him if he was on facebook, and we became facebook friends later that night...Do I have reason to believe that he is just being friendly? He left after he talked to me and didn't really mingle with others. Coincidentally, it turns out he works with one of my other guy friends in the same office...small world. Thoughts?

sadie_genie Guest
    Nope. People in general don't get out of their way to introduce themselves without a motive. But it doesn't mean he has any romantic interest in you either. There are million reasons why he might have introduced himself.

I think it depends on the environment. Say it was a school/work related event, it could be a purely networking/friends approach. But I would say that 99% of the time, guys don't approach girls out of the blue if they weren't at least attracted to her. Something about you must have caught his attention.

Well, saw him again this week and he asked me how I was doing, we talked for a bit, and then he said, "so I'll see you in two weeks right? I won't be here next weekend since I'm out of town." Now I think I'm totally crushing...haha

Quote Originally Posted by starry23 View Post
    Well, saw him again this week and he asked me how I was doing, we talked for a bit, and then he said, "so I'll see you in two weeks right? I won't be here next weekend since I'm out of town." Now I think I'm totally crushing...haha
    Yes...this guy's into you. We NEVER approached women at random just because we think they seem nice to talk to... LOL! Thats silly!!

Do guys approach girls on a purely friendly motive?
    Nope. I have all the friends I want. I only approach women if I want to get to know them better, to date.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Answering your main question, yes there are straight guys who approach women on a purely friendly motive. The key thing to pick up on is how much out of the way is the guy willing to go. He may be interested. Why not you talk to him a little bit more and see how things go from there.

Girls can be just friends with guys, and guys don't want to be just friends......

Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    Answering your main question, yes there are straight guys who approach women on a purely friendly motive. The key thing to pick up on is how much out of the way is the guy willing to go. He may be interested. Why not you talk to him a little bit more and see how things go from there.
    What planet are you from? Youre saying there are straight guys who go up to beautiful women on the street....start a conversation with no thoughts of sex on his mind? That's funny!

Well, it seems like the general consensus is that he at least thought I was attractive. Now, next step...phone number...

You're meaning to say that you don't have friends who are girls, and that every girl in your life that you've met, you have some sexual interest in?

Unless that is the case, there ARE some women that you've met that you still remain in contact as friends and the friendship is purely platonic. Unless, well, you're attracted to everything with a p*ssy on it.

We are talking about guys who go out of their way to be around and or talk to a girl for which this guy is doing. Guys instinctively are driven to find sex, but not necessarily expect to have sex with every woman they meet. A very attractive woman will get the attention of many men that are single, not single, at most any age, while an unattractive woman will get very little if any. There is a reason for that don't you think?

You're meaning to say that you don't have friends who are girls, and that every girl in your life that you've met, you have some sexual interest in?

Unless that is the case, there ARE some women that you've met that you still remain in contact as friends and the friendship is purely platonic. Unless, well, you're attracted to everything with a p*ssy on it.
    On initial contact? The only girls Ive ever met who Ive havent had sexual interest in were just not attractive to me. Yes....Im attracted to every good looking girl I first meet ...ALWAYS. Thats what the word "attractive" means. If I find she has no interests in me (for whatever reason) and I find her personality pleasant..... then we may become friends.

But there are female friends I havewho I would still sleep with in a heartbeat if Things changed. So...yeah....Im a guy....Im attracted to anything with a pussy

There are some. Most of them were chemically castrated and the others are retired and impotent.
    I tried to be genuine friends with GFs of my buddies. It took only a few weeks before they got suspicious about my intentions.
    I am the only guy I know with genuine intentions even though I am not castrated. Knowing what it leads to I'll never look for friendship with women again

No,

Most guy's don't have it for the choosing.

- There are guy's who are good in making girls fall in love with them (players)
    *and there are guy's that don't have that gift.

- For the guy's who don't have any seducing skills it's a waiting game.
    * A waiting game means waiting untill a girl falls in love with them for who they are.

- In a waiting game there isn't a lot a guy can do, only be himself and hope the girl starts to feel butterlies.
    * Most guy's lose the waiting game because the girl isn't interested or a player comes along.

- So because most off the time it failes you can increase the chance off success by having a lot off female friends
    * and hopefully after a while one will fall eventually in love with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast