+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would any girls date a man that has Aspergers?

Would any girls date a man that has Aspergers?

I am male and 35 years old and have mild aspergers. I just wonder if any girls out there would date a bloke that has aspergers?

I don't know a great deal about aspergers. Is it a degenerative disease/affliction? When you say you have a mild case, that covers a lot of ground. If it is not immediately recognisable I think that dating would work fine, but honesty later would be a must.
    Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?

There is a famous musical artist Gary Numan that suffers from this disorder too....he is married with children, and his music career is still going strong. So it is what you make of your life and not how people perceive you.

Half the internet has 'ass-burgers', if your case is mild i doubt most women would even realise.
    You ass pies are very common!

"Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

Any woman who prefers men who are highly intelligent, a little quirky and unusually focused would date a man with Aspergers.
    There are plenty of women who dig these qualities. Back in high school, we classify these guys as "nerds".
    For some reason, the rocker-rebel chicks really love these guys. So you don't need to worry about being single.

People with Aspergers, have the inability to understand or detect emotions of others and social clues, so it is difficult to socially interact. They can come off as cold, stand off-ish, and lack empathy. They have trouble stay in relationships because they can't give emotional support to their SO or family. So when it comes to dating, I can see it would be very difficult, unless you meet someone who is very understanding and is willing to sacrifice some of their emotional needs.

I'm a male but I'd like to comment on this as one of my brothers has Asperger's. When he was a child there was little known about the condition and although we always knew he was a bit different (I spent years tearing my hair out over him) it wasn't until well in to adult life that he got a diagnosis. This lack of diagnosis and understanding has led to him developing other conditions like OCD which can really hold him back. He gets interest from women but he really struggles with relationships. He's never managed to have really meaningful friendships which is desperately sad.

Jim- I'm sure there will be many women out there willing to date you and if they're not then they're not right for you anyway. You have to believe in yourself and that it will happen, especially if your's is a mild case. I can't pretend to understand your condition fully as I'm not a sufferer (although it has been suggested) but it's really helpful to have a professional you can talk to about it.

Self help guides can be a really useful thing to enable any male to reclaim their genuine male essence and power. After all it's genuine males that women are attracted too. There's a fair bit of stuff on youtube that I myself have found useful. I like Orlando Owen's approach to things and would recommend checking out his videos and website. Some of this stuff can be really enlightening believe me.

You can do it.

My boyfriend has aspergers, I think he is just fine, just have to put up with him talking about cars and physics all the time
    According to outsiders he is a little quirky in his mannerisms, but that's what a fell in love with

Fellow aspie here, short answer is yes

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    There is a famous musical artist Gary Numan that suffers from this disorder too....he is married with children, and his music career is still going strong.
    I had no idea he had that. Being a fan of 80's music I heard a song of his today.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfantastich View Post
    ...cars...
    Yes, that is the title of his most famous song!!!!1 Seriously. Gary Numan - Cars.

I had no idea that Gary Numan had Aspergers. He went on to Marry one of his fans. I just found out that there are lots of other famous people with asperger's

Her is some of the people from the list

Dan Aykroyd, American comedian and actor
    Phillipa "Pip" Brown (aka Ladyhawke), indie rock musician
    Daryl Hannah, actress
    Craig Nicholls, frontman of the Australian garage rock band, The Vines
    Clay Marzo pro surfer
    Albert Einstein
    James Durbin American Idol Star
    The drummer from garage rock band The Subways
    Bill Gates from Microsoft
    Mark Zuckerberg invented Facebook
    Bob Dylan Singer
    Crispin Glover Actor
    Al Gore former US Vice President and presidential candidate
    Robin Williams Actor
    James Taylor Singer song-writer
    Tony Benn English Labour politician
    Charles Dickinson writer
    Last edited by jimtheman36; 11-11-11 at 05:12 PM.