+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he blowing me off, or am I just neurotic?

Is he blowing me off, or am I just neurotic?

I will preface this by saying that I realize I'm neurotic. I don't know why I'm so worked up over this guy, but let's just pray he hasn't noticed.

Background: I'm a 20 y/o American girl studying abroad in London for the autumn semester.

I met up with this 23 y/o English guy Friday night for a casual drink. We ended up hitting it off incredibly well. I know this sounds silly, but I've never had such an instantaneous connection with anyone before. There was never an awkward or dull moment during our conversations, and it felt like we had known each other for forever.
    He suggested that we go for a walk, and we ended up walking ALL over London, just being silly and getting to know each other...we literally walked from around 8PM until 3:30AM, when I returned to my flat. We didn't kiss or anything, just hugged..it was simply us getting to know each other, and it was perfect.

The next night was Guy Fawkes Night, and we both did our own thing...I got a pretty tipsy text from him while he was out with his friends. We were joking earlier about what we had told our friends about each other, but neither of us came clean. So, I told him I was going to take advantage of his drunk state by asking him again. He said, "Fine, I said you were 'frustratingly fit and fun to be around', happy?" So cute and British.

The next day we had made plans for me to come visit him in Greenwich, where he lives. He showed me around, and then we grabbed lunch and ate in the park. We continued to site see, and again, everything went seamlessly. We went for a drink, and decided to drink outside by the water. It was already dark by around 5, so it was pretty chilly. He finally made a move and held my hand. Then, we decided to keep warm and hang out at his house. We ended up watching funny youtube videos for a while, then he wanted to show me something on a movie.. so I told him I hadn't seen it before, and we should watch it. For a few minutes, he sat in his desk chair while I was on his bed..then finally he got up the nerve to lay by me. One thing lead to another, and finally he kissed me. We just made out, nothing else.
    We realized we had forgotten about dinner, so we went to this Mexican place...he had never had Mexican before, so I told him what to get, and he loved it! Too cute. Then, it was time for him to walk me to my train.. before I left, he asked me what the rest of my week looked like and then kissed me as I was about to depart.

Sounds good, right? Well, he did text/facebook me later that night.. but then the next day he was kind of short with his replies, and then just didn't respond all together. The morning after that he finally responded and said: "Word! I have mad amounts of work this week, so I will plan something later on in the week Peas!" ...so I thought, alright..well, he could still be blowing me off, but that's more promising. I saw him get on and offline throughout the day without saying anything. I left him alone, and then last night he sent me a fbook chat basically saying he was tipsy/drunk.. and I was just like "Oh lord.. getting a lot of work done?", and he said he had had a productive day, etc. And then I mentioned one other thing and he was short with his response, and then I asked him if he had class on Friday and he just stopped responding all together.

Again, I've seen him get on and offline today. I'm obviously not going to say anything to him until he contacts me, but I don't get it. Can anyone shed some light as to what's probably going on?? He didn't have to message me last night.. and if he is blowing me off, all he has to say is that he's not interested in going out again! Ugh....

Thanks in advance!

It could be anything hun. The best thing to do is let him come to you, but I would only give him another week, if things don't get back on track, then you can start blowing him off because he is just a waste of your time.

You're right, thanks. I guess I'm just anxious because I only have a limited time of being in London. He genuinely seemed to have just as good of a time with me as I did with him, and he made a point of asking about my week and then saying he'd make a plan for us later in the week---so it just doesn't make sense if he's ignoring me!

how frustrating! like the above poster said, it could be anything. who knows. he might be really into you, thought you were getting the wrong message and decided to play it low for a while... he obviously likes you. he might be busy, or he might be seeing someone... whatever the reason is, if he doesn't show any interest soon, move on. i'm sure you can find another adorable english boy.

You're right.. and if it comes to that, I'll be really disappointed, but of course I'll move on. I just think guys should have the common courtesy to tell a girl if they aren't interested in dating them...instead of just ignoring them. It's called handling things with respect and maturity. You know?
    /rant

I think he likes you. He spent a lot of time with you. So don't ruin it by ignoring him.
    I'm obviously not going to say anything to him until he contacts me, but I don't get it.
    Bad move. He will think you no longer like him. Call him after 3 days of no contact.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)