+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Durex scented/flavored condoms?

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    Also, consider using a secondary form of birth control, just for your own peace of mind and for the sake of being as responsible as possible.
    She does, are your eyes painted on?
    Last edited by rafterman; 10-11-11 at 05:25 PM.

The box or packaging didn't advise against not using them for vaginal sex or that they were only/specifically for oral. From the majority of opinions it seems as if they'd be safe? I think one of the ones in the box is "her pleasure" and it's apparently strawberry scented. Not sure it's also flavored or if there's another kind in the box that are the flavored ones. But I know a few are strawberry scented. I've never used any other brand but Trojan before, so as of now and how odd Durex's "pleasure pack" is with the scented/flavored ones (although the condoms are not all flavored or scented, there's also ribbed ones and different shaped ones too) as of now I'm not too fond of the brand despite them being presumably as effective at protection. I prefer Trojan, you get more in their pleasure pack (you get 36, Durex only gives you 24) despite it being a few more dollars and there isn't weird flavors, colors, or scents. But I don't want the Durex box to be a waste so my boyfriend and I will still use them since he bought them. Next time I'll just advise him to get Trojan then.

But as for secondary protection, I AM on birth control, condoms are my back up, the pill is my primary. I'm just practicing the safest sex I can. My mother was on birth control and didn't use condoms, her pill was weakened when she took antibiotics for a sinus infection and she wasn't aware how things could potentially weaken the strength of the pill because apparently there wasn't warnings about that stuff at the time (so she says...) so here I am today as a result. So I try to be as safe as I can even though I take my pill regularly and never miss one, it wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't use a condom or if one broke since I'm on the pill, but I like being as protected as possible.

Thats a good way to look at it. BTW, dont see yourself as a mistake, you seem to have your head on straight, which is alot compared to some(Mwahahaha).

Peace out

P.S x-box COD FTW everytime
    Last edited by rafterman; 10-11-11 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mwahahaha View Post
    To be honest twiz, you shouldnt really be having sex if you think your bf has an sti or you dont want his baby. This is the problem with the world, people have sex with people they dont trust and with people that they dont want children with. Its a recipe for disaster. Sex doesnt exist for fun, its for reproduction. If you want "safe " fun, get a playstation.
    As for the flavoured condoms, why would you want them in your flower? You got taste buds down there?
    go lookup someone by the screen-name rachel pierce here in LF. you two are a match made in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    Thats a good way to look at it. BTW, dont see yourself as a mistake, you seem to have your head on straight, which is alot compared to some(Mwahahaha).

Peace out

P.S x-box COD FTW everytime
    I don't see myself as a mistake XD a "happy accident" rather. My parents weren't exactly ready but adjusted to what they had responsibility for and made the best of it. So I've never felt like a mistake.

And oooooo COD! World at War is my favorite, Black Ops is eeeeeh. I like playing Zombies on those. Although the campaign isn't bad! I also like Halo, Mortal Kombat, MW, and more wooo!

- The flavor in flavored condoms only lasts 2-3 minutes.

- All condoms made in the US are safe for preventing pregnancy. All are tested. Even the ones sold on Ebay. The ebay condoms are the same major brands. I thought they might be rejects from the factory, but they are not. Those are safe also, and much cheaper.

- Flavored condoms are safe for vaginal sex, except the rare person might be allergic to the lube.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I've never had anal sex...

I contacted the company. Problem solved:

All of the ingredients used in Durex® Tropical condoms have a long history of use in pharmaceutical, medical device, food or cosmetic products and meet the requirements in biocompatibility testing in terms of sensitization, irritation or toxicity effects to ensure that they are safe for vaginal and oral sex. The amount of artificial sweetener in the lubricant is extremely low and the lubricants are also formulated so that they are compatible with the vaginal pH and should not pose significant risk of sensitization or infection in the vast majority of users.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12