Thread: Woman I have been seeing grew cold

Woman I have been seeing grew cold

-30 years old

-Met on OKC

-Date last Tuesday

-Made second date for last Wed

-She couldn't make it, texted me apologizing, moved 2nd date to Thurs

-SHE kissed ME on 2nd date

-Everything in these two dates was great: laughs, chemistry, were both incredible; talked about having a joint bday party in December etc; made plans for Monday (this week)

-Texted her Monday about getting together

-All of a sudden she goes cold, "Cant meet today, have a meeting"

-Haven't heard from her since then (which was Monday); although we are still friends on FB, and she liked my status yesterday, so she hasn't COMPLETELY cut off contact

What the hell? I'm close to giving up on dating completely.

People get busy sometimes. If you call her twice with no answer, then you can assume it's over. Don't give up yet. Call her. Wait 2 days, then call again. If you still get no response after another 2 days, then you can move on.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    People get busy sometimes. If you call her twice with no answer, then you can assume it's over. Don't give up yet. Call her. Wait 2 days, then call again. If you still get no response after another 2 days, then you can move on.
    Thanks.

So, if Monday is the last time I texted her, when should I do so next?

You should stop texting and call her. You're 30, date like a grown man and not like a 16 year old. Texting is good for simple communication, but if you want results, you need to pick up the phone.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    You should stop texting and call her. You're 30, date like a grown man and not like a 16 year old. Texting is good for simple communication, but if you want results, you need to pick up the phone.
    lol, sorry. SHE's 30, I'm 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
    lol, sorry. SHE's 30, I'm 22.
    Ok, start dating like a 22 year old and not a 16 year old. Texting for dating is just silly, and maybe thats the reason she is cold, because you aren't showing enough initiative.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

If you last called Monday, call her today (Thu). If she doesn't reply by Saturday 10pm, it's probably over. It's rude if they never email you, or call, or text, to say they're not interested. They have no class. It's happened to me, and so I didn't lose much by not seeing them.

And old farts like me don't like to text, we call. It shows class.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

i kinda have this rule of thumb, it u get 3 dates it could go sum place. up until that point people are just curious i think. and you are 22 and she is 30, trust me the gap is large and she prob want to really settle down and most men in your age are not so she might have to sleep on some things. call her and ask if shes ok, if it starts with um yeah its over.