+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We have been dating almost a year now. What should I do?

We have been dating almost a year now. What should I do?

I love my girlfriend very much and weve been dating for almost a year now. Should i go all out and do something unforgetable for our one year anniversary or should i play it cool with just like a romantic dinner? We met out at a friends house and i swear it was love at first sight. Everytime I ran into her after that i would literally shake. It wasnt till new years of last year that i finally made my move. Eveyone kept on telling me hey you should ask her out she thinks your cute. I was just really nervous. She is so beatiful i thought she was out of my league. well anyway we have had our ups and downs just like any other relationship. But this is the girl i want to marry. There was this one time we were talking about marriage and we both have like the same outlook on the matter. we both really dont agree on why people should get married. we look at it the same way. but im just thinking that i havent really thought about it long and hard. I dont think she has either. All im asking is for a females input on this matter, what should i do for our anniversary and what should i hint about marriage?

One year = way too soon to talk about marriage.
    But do something romantic to celebrate the occasion. I find that a good meal works well - with flowers, champagne etc.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Marriage is for providing a stable home for children. You must be committed to each other for at least that period. Otherwise, no need for marriage, IMO.

I agree 1 year isn't long enough to think about marriage (generally). It takes about 2 years for the sheen to wear off and decide whether things are going to last for the duration.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I assume you're young, like in your teens or 20's? If so, it may be too soon to talk about marriage.
    If you two are committed to each other and would like marriage to be in your future, then work on attaining that by staying in love, being together, and getting to know each other more.
    Marriage will come up when the time is right.

As for the anniversary, I would say go all out! My boyfriend and I went all out. We originally planned to have a nice dinner, get a hotel, then spend the rest of the day together goofing off, maybe go see a movie.
    But then my boyfriend was suddenly hit with a million bills so we decided to cut the hotel out.
    HOWEVER... the day before our anniversary, my boyfriend's buddy at work convinced him to get a hotel. Even looked up a hotel for him.

So, we ended up getting the hotel RIGHT ON THE BEACH with a gorgeous ocean view. We had an expensive dinner lol. And the next day, instead of seeing a movie, we actually went to the mall and bought each other presents.
    Obviously, after paying for the bills and paying for the anniversary, we're both broke, but it was definitely a fun anniversary! It was my very first one and it's definitely worth remembering.

So go all out! Make it memorable and romantic!