+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Back to dating

Back to dating

I ended a long term relationship almost a year ago and have re-entered the dating scene and feel I'm a little rusty. I'm 26 and recently went to a concert where I met this girl I liked. I got her number but was not too serious about pursuing anything but figured I would give it a shot. When I met her I didn't have my glasses on and no contacts, so didn't really know what to think. So I text her and she agrees to meet me for dinner. I end up cancelling the one night and moving it back due to work. She meets up with me and turns out to be gorgeous and seemingly very nice. The date goes well with lots of laughing and good conversation. Then when the meal is finished she orders a couple drinks which drug the date out for at least another hour and a half. At the end of the night I text her "thanks for coming out to dinner I had a good time. Hope you make it home safely" she responds an hour or so later "no...thank you for dinner!" A couple days later I call to see what her plans are for the week and leave a message. I get nothing and then a couple days later she texts "sorry....its a buisy week!" that was yesterday. Today I sent a text to see what her plans were for the weekend and no reply yet. I'm a little rusty and just wondering if she may be playing hard to get or what, and what to do? She is two years older so I would expect the games to be non-existent but I guess you never know. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

May be she indeed had a busy week. It happens. Just try again.

Leave a message to have her call you when she is freed up. If nothing happens after a week later, move on. If she is THAT gorgeous there is a possibility she is dating others.

Tip: never let rejection get you down.....you will meet the perfect girl, it just takes time.

maybe she has a boyfriend and is unsure if she shall meet you again and how to do it. Or she is really playing games.
    Its weird that she writes back but her messages don't sound very positive - its a contradiction to me. There are women who like to play hard to get. I know one, and she is the kind of person that loves attention and likes to make men go crazy for her, she flirts a lot, but then she draws back. Could she be like that?

Possibly, but do you really want to play bull shit games? Dude if it doesn't feel right, then it's not. Like I said, give it a week, if it's crap, then ditch the idea of going out with her. Tip: dating is like buying a used car, you have to kick a lot of tires in order to find the right one. Stop over analyzing things or you will just make a fool of yourself. I know you are lonely, but stop letting yourself get desperate over just one girl. You need to not invest too much of your attention on someone that doesn't respond well.....it's better to keep your options open and maybe look into asking someone else on a date.....she is not your GF, you can date others while pursuing her.

Thanks for all the advice. She also offered to split the bill when we met for dinner but I insisted she could get it next time. Not sure if that means anything. I know its best to chill and take a back seat. I will see what the future holds and appreciate all the great advice. Thanks

Splitting the bill? That usually means "This is not a date".