+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I send this?

Should I send this?

Please don't anybody quote this post because if I do decide to send the email I want to delete it from here.

I'm having doubts about my long distance relationship and am thinking of sending this email to my bf. I don't want it to seem like I'm having a go or anything, I want it to bring us closer together cos I'm hoping he will read it and realise he needs to put in more effort, what do you think?

Email;

Hey

Don't want to send this email :-(

I miss you loads and I thought it would get easier as time went on but I was wrong. I don't know how you really feel and I think I'm gonna end up hurt and disappointed. The timing of us meeting was s**t! If you were still here I think it would be OK but the distance makes it really hard.

I feel as though I make you feel good about yourself but you can take me or leave me, but I feel differently about you to how I've ever felt before and it's getting me down because I can't be with you. When you left I cried loads and tbh I cry a little every day cos it's rubbish that I don't get to see you and it makes me sad.

I'm pretty sure that if you liked me alot then you would find time to talk to me more than you do, and you would understand how it makes me feel when I don't hear back from you. I don't expect constant texts or calls but a quick reply when I ask how you are isn't alot to ask. So I thought I would make it easier by leaving you alone. It pains me so much to do this but I have to cos I have fallen for you big time and I can't carry on with the communication being like it is.

You're my Mr Perfect; if you're happy then I feel happy, if you're sad then I feel sad, I can't imagine ever hurting you, I get butterflies when you say my name, I love the way I feel when I'm with you, I love your smile, I like how I sometimes know what you're gonna say before you say it, you make me laugh, you turn me on loads and I even like how you chew on your nails cos it makes you that little bit more unique!

I guess how you feel after reading this will tell you truthfully what I mean to you. Please let me know what that is.

LDRs are tough. There is no right or wrong, it's just the roll of the dice. You never know what you are going to get. Personally if you have been in it for over a year and there is no plans to move closer together in the very near future, it would be best to just move on.

Just a little tip. Internet relationships are like 20% reality and 80% fantasy. Your image of him and this relationship is spun mostly from your imagination, fueled by your desires, and your idea of what a BF should be like. You really can't possibly know someone unless you are physically together.

No! You should just email him that it's over. It's obvious that he is not putting in the effort needed to maintain and nurture a long distance relationship. (I think I mentioned that in your other thread) If he's not putting in any effort then Don't try to manipulate or guilt him into wanting you. It should come naturally to him and if it's not then you're simply an option to him.

If you want to sent him a fairwell email then just say something along the lines of: "Thank you for the sweet time we did manage to spend together. I love you but It's apparent that we're unable to keep things going so it's best we end things so that we both can be open and free to meet others that are close enough to nuture and maintain a relationship with. " (something to that effect) Do not send that unless you mean it. It's not meant to be a strategy to get him back.

Keep in mind that you've not been happy with his lack of care with you and your "relationship." I'm sorry but the truth is ~ If he cared, he'd show you.

I'm pretty sure that if you liked me alot then you would find time to talk to me more than you do,
    This line is the crux of the matter. If you want him to contact you more then ask him to outright. If after your discussion things don't change then your gut feeling is totally correct.

Be good to yourself and don't be hanging around hoping.. get right down to it and ask for what you want and if he doesn't give it then move on from him so you can heal and find someone close enough to love you the way you want to be loved.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Wakeup is right it's over....when things start to slip, it means they have reached a point where they cannot go any further with it, and interest is losing ground. You are in a panic like most who come on here, not wanting to face the reality that it is coming to and end.

God, don't send it.

Read it back, too much pressure, too much emotion, you're making him responsible for you crying & for being happy. If he wasn't on his way out he will be running when he reads it.