+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need advice

I need advice

My girlfriend and I have been together for 2 years. She was married when we first got together bit after two months she moved in with me...she has a 4 year old son who lives with us and I have watched him and been with him since he was 3 weeks old. Our relationship took an ugly turn about a year ago when I started finding signs that she was having an affair with her grist love from high school. She kept denying the affair until finally oneday just leaving. For three months she left me to be with him and then he beat her up after finding out she was pregnant. She came to me with nowhere to go and I let her come back. She aborted the pregnancy and I went with her. We have been living as a couple again for the last 6 months. There is no passion in our relationship and she never wants to have sex. The only kissing that goes on is little pecks before one of us leaves the house. I recently got into her old diary from when the affair was going on and read that I was her best freind but she just wasn't attracted me. She constantly makes excuses about why we aren't having sex, saying it's her childhood experiences and other things that get in the way. The last time we had sex she told me she cried for half an hour after. I am so tired of the rejection and the hurt. She says attraction isn't the problem that it's her not me. However I think it's still an attraction issue...:. Is it rime to say goodbye for good?

Your gf has had traumatic experiences in her childhood and recently. Getting an abortion is an emotional trauma that women rarely ever get over. You can ask her to see a doctor, or be more attentive to your needs, based on what I've seen in similar cases, she will never want to have sex, ever again. I'm sorry this is so sad for you, but you might have to find another girlfriend. I would never ask you to settle for no sex, as you would be very unhappy. You need someone sexual in your life, that is normal. This is why you should choose a girlfriend wisely before giving her your heart. You should make sure she doesn't have issues that will affect your relationship in a big way.

You can do your own research about women's sexuality after an abortion. It's a VERY big emotional trauma. It affects women in a big way, just like a miscarriage, and rape.

[url=http://www.nrlc.org/abortion/ASMF/asmf14.html]Abortion: Some Medical Facts[/url]
    Researchers on the after-effects of abortion have identified a pattern of psychological problems known as Post-Abortion Syndrome (PAS). Women suffering PAS may experience drug and alcohol abuse, personal relationship disorders, sexual dysfunction, repeated abortions, communications difficulties, damaged self-esteem, and even attempt suicide. Post-Abortion Syndrome appears to be a type of pattern of denial which may last for five to ten years before emotional difficulties surface.
    Last edited by bulrush; 14-11-11 at 09:55 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Dude do we have to spell it out for you? Stop being her doormat. It is so obvious she is a user....she can't stand on her own two feet so she seeks out silly guys like you to sponge off of. Kick her ass to the curb.....she is a useless twit. Ya I feel sorry for the child too, but not your problem.

Tip: The diary speaks the truth, and whatever is coming out of her mouth is not.

The only way that you should consider staying in this relationship is if you both get counseling. You both need to take steps to get emotionally healthy. You have your own issues manifest in the way that you continue to take it from her and want to stay in the relationship. If she won't, then you need to end the relationship and get counseling for yourself.
    The marriage bed must be a place of mutuality—the husband seeking to satisfy his wife, the wife seeking to satisfy her husband. Marriage is not a place to "stand up for your rights." Marriage is a decision to serve the other, whether in bed or out. -- 1 Corinthians 7 (The Message)