+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some opinions on a message to send to my ex....

Need some opinions on a message to send to my ex....

I need some opinions on this message that I don't know whether to send to my ex. We haven't spoken for a week and a half now, altho she did text me on Saturday saying "hope you're ok x" but I didn't reply. We broke up because she cheated and really she wanted to try out th single life after being with me for 3 years. We never argued or fell out, and the break up was totally out of the blue...so here it goes....

If you think I don't miss you every minute of the day, you would be so wrong.
    If you think I don't think about you all through the day, you would also be wrong.
    If you also think I don't need or want you anymore, you would be 100% wrong.
    And if you think I don't go to sleep every single night, not hugging my pillow, wishing it was you, then you don't know me at all.

I can't talk to you, because I can't let myself show those feelings anymore, because they don't mean anything to you. Its so hard not having you in my life anymore, I miss you being around here so much. And I miss just having you to hug and to mess about with. But when I think about you, I think about how you have hurt me so bad, and how it feels to know that you don't seem to care, or miss me, or need me, or want me, or even regret anything. And if any thoughts slip through, i think about you with her, because the thing that breaks me the most, is the fact that you told me one of the reasons we broke up was because you wanted to be single.....*
    So that's what stops me from speaking to you.*

I hate not having you in my life anymore. But I kinda have to make this sacrifice if I HAVE to get over you.*

I never did anything horrible to you, I always loved you with my entire heart and tried to make you feel special....*
    I don't know why I get this :-(*

Your different to me now, I can't imagine what we used to be like. And if I'm totally honest, every time I think about you, I imagine it being *my horrible ex* because she would hurt me, and I hate thinking that you have hurt me too, because I never ever imagined it from you.*

I still Love You, and care for you, and want you to be okay, that hasn't gone, and it won't, but I don't like you anymore. You're not the loving nugget head, who I want back.*

Don't do it... this is an invitation to get yourself hurt. She wants her cake and eat it too. Let her feel the consequences of her decision and protect yourself. No consequences, no learning. Go talk to someone, lean on your friends and family, go to the gym, immerse yourself in your work... anything to keep yourself (and your mind) occupied. You deserve better than this. Cut your losses and RUN.

I literally joined to write here.. because I was thinking of writing a similarly difficult letter.. and I hope you don't mind my reply.. but it made me think..

with this letter you give her all the power .. not that its a fight but your power of self.. you can write a letter to tell her how you feel but I think at 1 1/2 weeks its still raw and so you're writing from pain because you can't see anything else..give yourself time to feel hurt because you kind of owe it to yourself and she can just wait..

Does she deserve such a heartfelt letter? remember she didn't think of you when she made her decision so if she isn't thinking of you who is?

Very true. I was literally jus stood in the supermarket just then, and I was thinking "God I miss her so much, every last thought is about her atm" and I just thought that she doesn't deserve my thoughts. And I want her to make the effort with me, and I know if I send her a message or anything, she will be the one with the power. Whereas if I wait, I will either hear from her, or i be able to move on a lot easier. Although I now will indefinitely see her tomorrow because we are both going to be out, and I now feel like its all happening too quickly. Like I'm probably going to HAVE to talk to her tomo, and I wanted to leave it until she chose to speak to me. So I'm really flustered about it and don't know what to do!