+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend won't say I love you around others..

My girlfriend won't say I love you around others..

I tell my girlfriend I lover her all the time, around my parents, friends....whatever. I say it. She will not say it around her mother because she says she just "doesn't want to hear it", from her mom. She also won't say it around her associates at work. So pretty much she will only say it to my face and when she is alone on the phone or through text. We have only been dating for 3 months but I know she is the one. I recently quit pot and changed many things in my life for the better like reading my bible again and praying and quitting drugs and partying all the time and being more focused. I did all this because I knew I needed to and because I want our relationship to work. I am thinking about just telling her that we should not tell each other we love each other because I don't care who hears me say it. I mean it, so I will say it around whomever I please. My parents have said something about it and I have gotten crap from my brother as well but I don't care. I love her and I'm not ashamed. She says that she thinks it sound immature to other people for us to be saying I love you already but when did love have a time date? If love is there, its there. Not 7 months down the road...and who cares what people think? Right?

I'm kinda torn on how to feel about this and I'm just wanting some opinions on the matter so maybe it could help me decide.
    We are moving in together in a few months as well...just a FYI.

Thanks

It's possible that she doesn't say "I Love you" in front of friends/family member because she is shy?

I don't say I love you, in front of my family or friends either... I feel in a way, uncomfortable saying it in front of my parents/family/friends... maybe due to my culture.
    How old you and your gf?

I am 20 and she is 22

Since you've only been together with her for 3 month, it is pretty early so take things easy and slow down.
    Don't get upset or angry at her just because she doesn't say I love you in front of her family/friends etc... she may not saying it because the relationship is quite new.

I simply won't say it in front of people no matter how strongly I feel. If I were you I wouldn't worry about it because some people just aren't into saying it in front of friends and family.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Some people feel uncomfortable with PDA (public display of affection). She is just a private person. True love is unconditional and being able to accept the other person. We can't change her, and nor can you. It's really not a deal breaker now is it?

The only time I tell my husband I love him when I am around friends or family is when he is leaving for work or when I am ending a phone call with him. Public displays of affection can make other people uncomfortable. Try to tone it down a little in front of other people. I think you are at risk of scaring her off at this point.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

How hard was it for you to quit the pot?
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

I say it to my boyfriends face and around friends, but I just feel weird doing it around my family. It isn't that bad, she isn't trying to hide you as a boyfriend is she?
    “So it's not gonna be easy, It's going to be really hard, we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.” <3