+ Follow This Topic

Thread: too young?

too young?

I am 18 and my latest crush is 23. Will he be weirded out by my age if I ask him out?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it all depends on the type of person he is. he might like the idea of having a gf that young however he might be surprized to have a gf that young pursue him. i would just say take a chance because you've got nothing to lose. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

peshkunta Guest
    I dunno, I would be probably weirded out especially if she acts immature.

older men are wierd ,,, give it a thought!
    Whats love gotta do with it!

Test the waters first. Does he like you? (read: how responsive is he when you flirt with him?)

Hmm. Of course it depends on the guy, and where he is in life. If he already has a college degree and moved out of his parents' house, he probably will be weirded out that a high school girl wants to date him, but chances are, he won't be weirded out enough to say no.

If he's still living with his parents and hanging out with the same people you do -- you don't have a problem.

I say it's no biggie. Test the waters like QueenBitch says. Err IceQueen. haha joke

It all depends on what the guy is like. If he is close-minded, then no, he may not want the hook up. If he is as open-minded as you, then you got a double bonus there.

Good luck slugger,

Chafie
    "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
    - John Burroughs

I agree, I actualy prefer to be with a girl that is a couple of years younger than me. But, being with a 24 year old when you are 29 is a little different than being with an 18 year old when you are 23, even though the age difference is 5 years either way. After all, you are in/fresh out of highschool, and he is old enough to have a Bachelors degree, and be on his way to a masters! But, that shouldn't matter. A good relationship should be capable of embracing those differences as long as you remember they are differences. It's not such a big deal when you are older because being done with all that opens up time to focus on the relationship. In my experience.
    Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness in which they were created. --Albert Einstein