+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what should i do??

what should i do??

HISTORY
    So my girlfriend and i have been together for over two and a half years now. Let me give you a quick rundown of our situation and then get to the problem at hand. She is 20 now and i am 25. At first everything started real good we were in love having sex regularly like every day. A few months went by and she had to go away to college. Things were good she was so in love( i was her first serious relationship, she was 18 at the time). She would call me all the time and just pretty much live for our love and our weekend hangouts which was good. At one point i dont know why, perhaps because i felt so secure in the relationship i started feeling like i wanted to experience other things, and did not respond to her love and affection the same way. She would sense that and would be really hurt and cry to me because i wouldnt want to go see her or i didnt pay attention to her, and the more she did that the more it kinda pushed me away. So this went on for several months, we didnt break up because i wasnt sure if i wanted to and frankly thought that she would do it if she gets too fed up with my behavior. Eventually her love or patience or whatever started wearing down after all the rejection. We had some more conversations about it and eventually i started to feel guilty for the way ive been treating her. She started having more of her own life hanging out with friends and whatnot. She was due to leave for Europe for a month's vacation when she pretty much stopped caring and i started feeling the heat. We pretty much were about to break up. While in Europe she was having fun and barely ever called me, until one day she called crying saying that she had made out with some guy there. We ended up breaking up. The whole time she was there i was feeling really bad for everything and i had realized how much i really love her and want to be with her. The news of what she did really hurt me but i could somehow justify it based on how i was acting. She came back and we had some emotional conversations about us and how we love each other and want to try and work things out. I forgave her and we got back together. Ever since than ive been the same boyfriend she had fallen in love with and she has for the most part been loving and showing affection again. However she still lives away from me and im starting to feel that the more i show her my feelings and affection the more she is starting to act like i was acting before. She calls for a few mintues on her way to and from work or while taking the dog out...shes not as excited about our visits or not as sad if we miss a weekend of seeing each other...she always talks about wanting to meet new people...dont get me wrong when we hang out she is still very loving, says i love you, holds my hand and we laugh and joke and are having sex again everytime we see each other.
    QUESTION
    The other day however i got a very good job opportunity in her town that would save us both time and money in terms of traveling and allow us to be with each other all the time. However when i told her she was not excited at all and she said that she doesnt know if she is ready for that step and that we would get into this rut of just hanging out with each other and not go out and meet any new people....the girl that she was before would've jumped all over this but now even tho ive changed and am the person she told me she fell in love with she is having doubts about this and does not want me up there...how am i to interpret this...after what happened in Europe im also more insecure and feel that she doesnt want me there just so she can go out and have fun and potentially find another relationship....I dont know what to do, should i act upset about her not wanting me there, should i tone down my feelings and not show her as much affection or should i keep showing her how much she means to me? Im afraid that like in my situation previously, the more i show her affection and want to be with her the more she will want her space and reject me...

any1??

*10char