+ Follow This Topic

Thread: broken hearted..long =/

broken hearted..long =/

ok well this really isnt about me...its about my best friend but i need help/advice....i rly wanna help her but i dunno how

sorry for the length =/

so my best friend Aly had just gotten out of a bad relationship and she decided to stay single for awhile....but than her friend Meg introduced her to this guy online...they began talking a lot on the phone..she would come home from school and go to work...than he would call her and they would talk for hours.....but she didnt wanna get attached because she was afraid of getting hurt....finally one night Jay (the guy) says that after talking to her for a long time he really likes her and wants to hang out that coming friday...Aly with hesitation knew she had grown attached and felt like he was the perfect guy for her

so she instantly said yes....they talked all week and awaited friday....she wwas so happy all that week she really thought things were working out for her...than friday came..she was so nervous, afraid he wouldnt like her and she would be crushed...but knowing this guy myself i knew he would never ever hurt someone like that

so they meet...but is was a disaster....they didnt talk at all...both of them are extremely shy...but things got even worse...my other friends left em alone and he told her things wont work...she was crushed....but they remained friends

a couple months later they hung out and he was getting all touchy feely with her....he kept sending mixed messages and she was getting hurt by this

finally valentines day he started calling her again, at a party we all went to he defended her and talked to her and he kept telling her she was a great person. SO that night they talked all night and the next day....she said it was like old time...than he just stoppes talking to her...he hasnt talked to her since...and she is crushed again

i dunno what to do to help her...its been months now since they met and she still hasnt gotten over him...i mean she has had relationships since him but they didnt last long...this guy is really hurting her and i want to help...and she has tried to forget him but he always seems to do something or say something that makes her believe that things will work for them

can someone please give me advice..i wanna help her
    thanks<3
    Janie<3
    Last edited by x_my_heart; 22-02-05 at 10:48 AM.

This wont mean a thing come tomorrow
    and thats exactly how i'll make it seem
    because i'm still not sleeping thinking
    i've crawled home from worse than this

Well it sounds like your chic just wanted some fun as well so im sure if you played it right and showed her you wanted more you could have a chance. Just try talkin to her about it and tell her how you feel about her. Otherwise she will never know
    ...and don't forget to use a Jimmy Hat

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    For future reference, just put some spacing in between paragraphs. It's easier to read/skim that way.

Making the main points bold helps too.

ooh ok...i'll fix it..sorry

Don't think you can do much, especially when it's up to her really.
    I think she's gotta take a look at it either be really... really... (Flinstones type) blunt... yes/no...
    Best you can do is just be there for the venting and the quesions of why's... When it comes down to it... it's really up to the person...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by x_my_heart
    ooh ok...i'll fix it..sorry
    No need to be sorry, however, I do apologize for coming off as a bit of a jerk.

I just tell people to do those things because for one it makes it easier for people to read, and when people don't feel as if they're going to have to work just to understand what you're saying, they're more likely to read and respond to your longer more detailed posts.

And in response to the topic:

I don't know how you can help her, it seems like she has to get over being shy as well as get used to being rejected. If she doesn't date much I could see how she takes every little relationship very seriously, in the long run though this will hurt her chances.

well she dates a lot...but this guy is different to her....she really doe like him..no matter how much she tries to get over himshe cant...but do u think she has a chance? with everything he is saying it makes it seem like she does.

thanks for the advice...she has gotten over her shyness and she talks a lot more..it was just that day when she gets nervous she stopes talking...she isnt normally like that and i tried to explain that to him but he wouldnt listen....his friends say he made fun of her after they met...but she isnt ugly..she's not even close...and im not just saying that as a friend...she's got guys going for her left and right...yet this guys means more to her than anything

he's not even good looking not to sound shallow but i feel she could do better....he's a jerk for doing this to her..but i still want things to work for her and for her to be happy