+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Forgeting someone

Forgeting someone

Ok...I fell in love with my best friend last year...but at the time he was already breaking my heart as a friend, he made new friends, he was totally ignoring me, never invited me when he was going out and in the end, he even told me with an ironic way that he didn't want to be friend with me cause I was not that interesting and out-going. So I decided to take my revenge, which was, in my point of view, making my own friends and having good time without him. So, I stopped calling him or even saying hello to him when I was seeing him at the faculty. It felt so good, especially when I learned that he cared, I once had to go to his place and he asked me why I was ignoring him exc...it really felt good, but the thing is, it's not that I was trying to forget him, I was still in love with him and I had fallen into the trap of revenge : it feels good every day more and more, but we get dependent to it, and all of our life is about how to hurt this person. So, after 2 months, I realise that I was still madly in love with him, and I decided to talk back to him and for this time, try to have a realtonship, now that we weren't that kind of best friends. I though that he would be nice to me this time, and he actually was. My problem was that I didn't want him to be friends with my group of people, cause that was my line of revenge :doing to him what he did to me, having other friends so I can ignore him when I want to. Anyway, after a weeks and weeks, he did became very good friend with my people, he broke my heart again, this time telling me that he can't see my in a more that friendly way. He also flirted with my best friend, ans she responded in the most cruel way, she told me to forget about him for good, but in the other hand, she was flirting with him in front of my eyes. The point of all this story is, he ''took'' all of my friends again, I am not in love with him anymore, but I do think of what he thinks of me, I have this horrible feeling that he laughs at me everyday now that he has my friends. It's history repeating and I can't stand it, and I don't want to start it all over again, making a new group of friends and try to hurt him, what I really want is to truly forget him and yes, make new friends but not on the purpose to show off to him...I just want to live a life that doesn't involve him at all, but that seems so hard...please if you have good advices, I really want to know them.

Your mistake was to get close to him again. Hope you learned your lesson. Stay the furthest away from him (and your "best friend", the one who flirted with him) as you can.

well, this made me laugh, your attempt at "revenge" backfired in an epic fashion. You were foolish for trying to be friends again, and your underlying motive the whole time was to try to get him to come back.

All you can do here is learn a lesson, fooled twice by the same person.

oh and PS - you still love him.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

If you really want to live your life without involving him, then you should learn to forget him right now. For it is the best and the right thing that you can do today. Let him go. Don't mind him at all. You deserve to be love by someone better than him. If possible, ignores him and forget the feelings that you have for him. Just enjoy your life. Make yourself busy by meeting new friends or entertaining new suitors. Why don't you try to join online dating by visiting loveme.ph. Wherein you can meet new friends or maybe your match that will love you and really care for you.

I am going through a very hard break up..

What you need to do is not see/talk to him, and you need to fill your time with things that you know you need to do. Just keep yoruself busy! clean, make things, throw things away, get a new PT job where yoru able to meet people. DO all the things that have been wanting to do for a long time.

point is, you made the mistake of going back after things were already bad Dont put hope were it dosen't belong. If he was into you he would care and show you he does.