+ Follow This Topic

Thread: One night stand or the start of a relationship ???

One night stand or the start of a relationship ???

Met a man a few weeks ago he's 15 yrs older than me.

He has come out of a relationship early this year and so have I.

We went for dinner and got on really well, slept together (there was all the issing cuddling stayd the night), then did not hear from him for a week and a half.

Got a message telling me that he was interested but could not give me what I wanted ? I thought I was clear - I wanted to sleep with him, no strings and that I do like him (sex is good).

We went out again last night and ended up in bed which was very good again, he is very attentive and loving when we are together and was taling about going away and staying over each others houses as well as personal things to do with him..

I asked him why the lack of contact and he said that he wants a natural progression, and does not want to force things, does anyone know what this means?

I said that I wanted to have sex with him to which he replied that maybe this is not what he wants????? does this mean he is interested in more?

He has been sending me sweet messages today making sure I got home ok and being generally flirty..

Does this man want more than a casual fling?

To me, it sounds like he certainly likes you. I don't think he wants anything serious and just wants to see how things go. In my experience that means not much more than friends with benefits because people often know before they sleep with someone if they have met someone they want in their life for good.

Do ask him if he wants a monogamous relationship and make sure you are extra careful if he doesn't.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Thank you for your reply,

We have had a chat about this - in the last 20 yrs I am the third person he has slept with.

He did say that after his last relationship failed that he lost interest and has not been with anyone since until me.

Yep, sounds like it to me. What I got from it, when he told he doesn't want force things meant. He doesn't want to rush into anything but if times go on he starts to like you more he would be okay with it he just doesn't want to jump head first with anything but yea, sounds like your friend is interested in you. If he wasn't I doubt he would have taken the time to see if you got home or okay or to txt ya to chat with you.

Yes, sounds like he wants more than just sex. And he wants his feelings to develop over time normally, and not force his feelings. So he wants to start slow, because maybe he just got over a long relationship.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Bambi, this is a good sign
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Thank you to everyone who has replied.

Just a quick update for you ,

He has come out of a long term relationship and so have I, he is 15yrs older than me and I thin is affraid of getting hurt/messed around again.

After the last time we met he has been very good about keeping in touch texts and calls (although he does ask if it's okay to call??).

And he has asked to see me again, I am taking this as a good thing, we talk about random things and it does seem like he want's some kind of relationship rather than just s3x, I think??