+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Asking me for help with another guy

Asking me for help with another guy

This girl I kind of like, and talk to sometimes, told me she was sad because she wants to know if this guy she likes, likes her back. She told me who it was, I know him. I told her I'd help her with her problem. She thanked me. She considers me her "best friend". I kind of think she may like me, but why would she want my help with another guy?

Thanks.

If she liked you, she wouldn't be asking you to help her hook up with that guy. She likes someone else, and only sees you as a friend.

And do you know why she only sees you as a friend? Because that's what you act like. You don't flirt with her, you don't make it clear that you like her, and you've never asked her out (I'm guessing.) You even offer to be her wingman to help her get the guy that she actually does like. Don't do this with girls you're interested in.

Hi Dogear,

I have been in this situation. I had a best friend during school, and I really really liked him, but I was too afraid to do anything because I didnt want to lose him as a friend. I would talk about other guys to him, to make it look like I didnt like him. I dont want to give you any false hope, but if theres one thing I regret its not telling him I liked him. Perhaps sit down with her, say you have a love life problem, say you're not expecting her to reciprocate, but that you like her, and perhaps you could go out some time?

From my experience, its always worth the risk. x

Thanks guys.
    I mean, she says hi to me loudly in the hallways and stuff. And she flirts with me time to time.
    Sometimes we talk and she'd just randomly say "what's wrong" so I know she cared about me...

Thanks again guys.