+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend zone?

Friend zone?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. How can I tell if I've been "friend zoned"? I have almost no dating experience. I've been living next door to this woman with two kids for the past few months and I'm only just starting to get to know her. It seems like the more I learn about her the more I like her but the situation she's in with her ex is kind of intense and she says she can't really be in a relationship right now, she's just looking for a guy friend she can "have fun with" as she put it, which is sort of what I want too. We've only really hung out a few times and whenever we do we're always up pretty late talking (mostly her talking actually, she needed someone to talk to and I was willing to listen and keep her company). This whole situation is a bit more complicated than this but thats the gist of it.

It doesn't sound complicated at all; sounds like you're just scared. She wants to have sex with you. Make a move.

Your probably right, I was just wondering if there's a way to tell if I've been friend-zoned.. though we haven't even seen each other in a few days and since thanks giving (her kids went with her father, she was made to spend it along and unfortunately I didn't realize she was still home until I was about to leave to go to a family thing myself) she's had this guy come over repeatedly (I've heard his voice a few times, we kind of live on the same property separated by a washroom). If its the guy she was sort of seeing before, this probably wont end well.

Girls don't friend zone guys, guys friend zone themselves by not demonstrating interest. If you don't make a move, you'll end up being the friend who is her ear and shoulder to cry on. If you make a move and get shut down, you can always move on.

Getting shut down is so much better than not making a move at all. When a girl rejects you, it doesn't always mean she isn't interested, it can be a bunch of different things - timing, logistics, or she might think she's being too easy. A bit of resistance is both normal and healthy.

Good luck