+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice on asking someone out

Need advice on asking someone out

How do I ask out a complete random

Firstly let me point out, im really shy around women i've never asked a girl out since school and she shot me down flat, pretty much laughed in my face.

The relationships I have had I've known the girls before hand and well it kinda moved on naturally.

Now I live in a new area dont know anyone but theres this girl who works in my local supermarket who I think is pretty cute, I want to say something but don't know how or what as Im too worried ill get shot down.

I know im not the best looker, im quite skinny and ontop of that ive got abit of a lazy eye which as you can imagine is great for my confidence.

As well as that I've got 2 kids from a previous relationship which puts alot of women off. As you can tell i have pretty bad self confidence

Any ideas how the hell I would go about doing this or even if its worth doing, all I know is her name (as she wears a name tag) never seen her outside of the supermarket or anything like that.

Sigh stuck in a confidence limbo
    Last edited by yusuo; 30-11-11 at 09:10 AM.

In my opinion you shouldn't ask her out until she gets to know you somewhat and you can tell she likes you. But first and foremost introduce yourself and put your hand out to shake hands. Each time you see her ask her stuff about herself like if she's going to school, or if she still lives at home or on her own, or how she likes her job and if she likes her hours.. stuff like that. Let her get to know you better. And I'd ask her out when she is somewhere on the floor, not behind the cash register. And make sure you look your best. Talk slow, give eye contact and look happy. Good luck and let me know if you need anymore advice with this.