+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse

Looks good

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think the special effects will be awesome. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I saw it the other night, awesome movie.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah i just seen it a while ago too. i really liked the story line and the special effects. raverboy

Okay, I saw it. Finally. Now anyone mind telling me what all the hype was about ? (Not specifically from just on here)

The movie was Good. No more.

The effects were great, it was funny, the actors did their job and more, but the story was NOT the greatest.

It is usually the little 'quirks' in a story line that draw the fine distinction between a good movie, and a classic film. I believe the quirks in this movie destroyed it (or butchered it very nicely).

Ex.

1) At the end of the movie, when Depp (Sparrow) is fighting Rush (Barbossa) ------ WHAT WAS THE POINT ??? They fought for ten minutes when neither one of them would have died anyways. They were both immortal. Give me a break. They could have cut that scene down to a MAXIMUM of 2 minutes. 3 would be pushing it.

2) At the end of the movie, when Norrington (Bloom's fiance) seems to just FORGIVE THEM ALL. Like come on, wtf is up with that ? First of all, Will Turner interrupted Sparrow's execution. THEN he takes the man's woman AWAY from him. And all the guy (Norrington) has to say is, "So this is the one you love ?" Give me a break. Through the movie they show you what a big-head, stuck-up pig this guy is, and then at the end he becomes a nobleman. Think of it this way: You have a high-rise BRITISH captain who's fiance was stolen by a BLACKSMITH. Do you really think that he would act the way they decided to show you ? It just doesn't add up.

Those were a few of my reasons for only the 'good' rating. There are more, but I really don't think you all care to hear them all.

My two cents worth.

Btw, about the scene where Kiera's father was fighting the hand. That little 'comical' scene was way too long. It was funny for the first 4-5 seconds. But then it just got corny. Him stuffing the hand in the drawer, etc. It was like they were trying to get someone who couldn't act... to ACT. ugh!

I guess I AM really disappointed by this movie.
    Last edited by shafkore; 31-07-03 at 07:45 PM.
    "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
    - John Burroughs

I loved it but I'm one (unlike my father) who can sit back and not worry about discrepancies or unrealism in a film. It takes a LOT for me to call a movie bad. I can generally find some redeeming value in and movie. Some movies that I dub bad are ones like Black Knight, Driven, Spirit, and the all time worst movie Pootie Tang. I only get real into what makes the movie stupid when there's more stupid than there is movie.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hahaha..you crack me up shafkore.

to answer to your reply... they fight scene at the end, well i think depp didn't know if the curse would affect him or not and when it was discovered, bothhave already been fighting with their anger driving them so why would they stop? it's like sex, you can't just stop in the middle of something.

secondly, this character Norrington (Bloom's fiance), well he is so head over heals for bloom, that she has total control of his heart. he's just a sucker as i would call him.

lastly, the hand scene. this scene totatlly crasked me up. i honestly thought it was hiliarious because it involved your classic wimpy male figure that likes to act as someone he isn't.

i thought it was stupid incidents through out the movie like these that made it funny. raverboy

illusional, you're just drunk... again.
    "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
    - John Burroughs

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    actually i hate to watch movies when i'm drunk because i don't pay attention to them. raverboy

Uh huh. Sure.
    - John Burroughs

ARR!!
    Heit ist mein taug.