+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guilty Sex

Guilty Sex

Alright, well me and my current girlfriend are getting pretty serious. I love her a lot. A few days ago she was talking about how she might be okay with us having sex. But the thing is, she is very Christian and so are all her friends (I'm a different story)

She is still a virgin, and all of our mutual friends say that if I do take her virginity, she and I both will regret it later, and that it is the wrong thing to do, ect ect ect. Also because of the beliefs of her friends, she would sort of never be looked at the same way again. Most think that it would be a sin. Her take on it, is that it may possibly be a sin, however she thinks the bible is unclear on this. Also it's gotten to the point where she doesn't really care, because she loves me so much.

I'm just wondering what you guys think. If I do take her virginity, would you consider it a bad idea. Also I realize that I shouldn't worry about what other people think, but it could really be bad for her to have a a bunch of her close friends think of her differently just because I didn't have enough self control to say no. I don't know whether I should feel guilty about considering having sex with her. Opinions anyone?

It's between you two. Not her friends. Don't let them influence you or her one way or the other.

Alexi

The bible is very clear that it is a sin. But God grants free will, so it is up to you two to make a good decision.

My wife and I waiting until we got married to have sex, and we don't regret it.

People with such backwards views about sex do not belong on on a forum about sex.

Oh God, Lucan, I knew I was right about you.

Optical, you really need to find some poetry about the sex thing. Oooh here you go buddy:

To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time
    By Robert Herrick

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may... "

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
    Old time is still a-flying;
    And this same flower that smiles today
    Tomorrow will be dying.

The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,
    The higher he's a-getting,
    The sooner will his race be run,
    And nearer he's to setting.

That age is best which is the first,
    When youth and blood are warmer;
    But being spent, the worse, and worst
    Times still succeed the former.

Then be not coy, but use your time,
    And, while ye may, go marry;
    For, having lost but once your prime,
    You may forever tarry.

Also, check out John Donne's "The Flea" [url]http://www.luminarium.org/sevenlit/donne/flea.htm[/url]

Good luck buddy!

P.S. Lucan, if you're angry about the whole using His name in vain, well, sorry, but this is the loveforum. We're all such vain motherf**kers.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HastaSiempre
    People with such backwards views about sex do not belong on on a forum about sex.
    I think lucan was just addressing optical's gf's uncertainty whether the bible is clear on its stance of no sex before marriage.

As for the original post, I think your gf really needs to do some soul searching and be DAMN SURE this is what she wants, and not something she'll look back on in the future and regret. It's not really about you and your relationship unfortunately. It's about her and whether the choice to have sex is a wise one considering her religious beliefs.

My good friend had sex and got pregnant before marriage and she was a hard core Christian.......she got totally shunned by her church after that, including all the people she called 'friends'. Of course that's total bullshit in my opinion, but if this is a big part of your gfs life, please keep in mind what adverse effects might come of this on HER end. Good luck.

www. shroomery.org

Question your closed minds, religious freaks.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not religious at all.

But to each his own. If someone's happy living their life that way then it's all good. As long as they dont force their beliefs down other people's throats, that is.

I'm all for tolerance, but it seems that religion has a way of getting in the way of people's true feelings, and clouding their vision with visions of righteousness and holy sanctimony.

Romantically, people should follow their hearts, not their mantras.

Our human emotions have had billions of years to develop, whereas Bibles and Qu'rans are the product of an infinitesimal period of consciousness.

Just my two cents.
    Live your life.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    My good friend had sex and got pregnant before marriage and she was a hard core Christian.......she got totally shunned by her church after that, including all the people she called 'friends'.
    And people like that is one of the primary reasons I stopped going to church and believing in god.

**** that shit, rip up parts off the "good book" and throw it on the bed, then lube ur shit in holy water and ram her like a elk. Then nut all over her face and take a photo, then put the photo on her face, and piss on the photo, then take the photo, and give it to the pastor....thats REAL

I'm religious, but I am not a freak. I was just addressing the poster's concern about the bible.

The bible says differently, but I think if you really love someone, go for it (responsibly). My wife and I decided to wait for two reasons:
    1) We wanted our wedding night to be REALLY special. Cliche, I know, but that is what we wanted.
    2) We were very worried about having children at that point. We got married when we were young, both of us were barely 20. My wife was attending college to be a history professor. I was doing freelance photography. We are both from wealthy families. My parents had set up a trust fund for me that I wasn't supposed to touch until I was 21. So any money I had I earned from doing various jobs. My wife parents had done the same thing. So we were both comfortable, but we didn't want to have kids until we could support them comfortably. (Our parents would have helped us in the event that we had gotten pregnant, but I didn't want to rely on them for my money.)

Nero: That is very disrespectful. You don't have to agree with it, but you don't have to insult the people who are Christian.

You can believe in God without believing in Church. I despise organized religion, Catholicism in particular.

P.S. Lucan, if you're angry about the whole using His name in vain, well, sorry, but this is the loveforum. We're all such vain motherf**kers.
    Why would I be angry? That is your prerogative. I slip up sometimes and do it myself.
    Last edited by lucan_reilly; 25-02-05 at 01:33 AM.

[QUOTE=lucan_reilly]You can believe in God without believing in Church. I despise organized religion, Catholicism in particular. QUOTE]

Wow, I'm impressed. I agree Luke, maybe I got you a little wrong.

But probably just a little.

You're still insecure.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    And people like that is one of the primary reasons I stopped going to church and believing in god.
    Bingo, I believe in for what I believe in. I don't need mass religon to show me this. While I have no problems with peoples beliefs, they often get blinded and downright ignorant sometimes.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Quote Originally Posted by Innova
    Bingo, I believe in for what I believe in. I don't need mass religon to show me this. While I have no problems with peoples beliefs, they often get blinded and downright ignorant sometimes.
    Good! That is completely what I believe. Church is merely a heirarchy of men making rules for the people of the church. It is such hypocrisy. Don't even get me started on the Catholic church.

Wow, I'm impressed. I agree Luke, maybe I got you a little wrong.

But probably just a little.
    Hmmm...we'll see.

Luke? My father would flip if he heard that. He would always correct people who called me Luke while I was growing up. "He's named after a knight, not some guy from the bible." My dad is a Medieval Studies professor with a concentration in Arthurian Legend.

You're still insecure.
    Maybe...but I've got a hot wife, so it's all good.