+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Huge mistake!!

what if it's not a rebound and you spend the next 6 months kicking yourself because you were waiting for the right time. There is no right time. Just be sure you're speaking up now for the right reasons and not to screw up his potential new relationship.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You win you lose you move on. Hope you learned something from this experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen12 View Post
    No I am not in high school thank you very much. I am actually a recent graduated of a CPA! thank u.
    Well, then you have even less excuse to be acting like an idiot. HIA gave you the best advice, IMO and you are ignoring him b/c its apparently not what you want to hear. For this reason, I doubt this guy will take you back; you are terribly insecure, but your best chance is HIAs advice. Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen12 View Post
    Yeah I most definitely(100%) can see that I was very selfish so I know that I have to step out of my comfort zone and apologize then explain that I miss him but should I do it right now or wait to see how the situation with the new girl plays out first? Because if they are only together for a month or two then I will know that it was a complete rebound and if I still feel this way after a month (most likely will), they I should just be open and honest right there and then???
    You are still selfish, IMO. Your apology isn't b/c you genuinely feel bad, its b/c you aren't getting what you want. A real apology is given without any expectation of a result.

You sound like a typical Gen "me" er. Grow up. Its not all about you.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

You mean the generation of "self entitlement" lol....agreed!

Why would you want to wait and see how things go with the other girl? That's like playing games with yourself. What's done is done. If you feel for him then don't wait and be honest. Tell him you realize you did a stupid thing. I can't comment on him as I know nothing about him, but at this point, what else do you have to lose? The least you can take away from the situation is a life lesson...
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss

how am I being selfish now?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I already explained, tho the fact you don't understand it just reinforces what I already said. It has to do with your motive for an apology. Why would you apologize?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I already explained, tho the fact you don't understand it just reinforces what I already said. It has to do with your motive for an apology. Why would you apologize?
    Why I would apologize would be for obviously for hurting him, and for not telling him that it sucked to have his friends make up false stories about me all the time but that was not a good enough excuse for breaking up with him.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, that has got to be one of the most insincere reasons for an apology I have yet to read here. The second part of your 'apology' essentially negates the first. You are trying to blame him for what is fundamentally your lack of trust and inability to communicate. You really are a GenMe'r.

Good luck.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

LOL, that has got to be one of the most insincere reasons for an apology I have yet to read here. The second part of your 'apology' essentially negates the first. You are trying to blame him for what is fundamentally your lack of trust and inability to communicate. You really are a GenMe'r.

Good luck.
    LMFAO thank you. You clearly forgot the reason for the situation!

I get what he is saying and no he hasn't forgot the reason for the situation. It's obvious that none of this would have happened if you trusted you BF to understand the situation by choosing to communicate instead of running off.....By dumping him you have pretty much blamed him for his friends crappy behavior. Now you come on here to figure out what kind of strategy you can use to get your foot in the door to win him back. And that strategy is to use the apology card, in hopes to get what you want...he is pointing out that there is only motive for apologizing and not sincerity......so the apology method most likely won't work in your favor nor should you expect anything from using it.
    Last edited by smackie9; 05-12-11 at 02:07 PM.

P.S. He has already found an new interest....that means he has moved on.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Smackie, you got it. Anyway, the OP is so full of inconsistencies its hilarious. Apparently the 'situation' isn't b/c the OP decided to jump the gun and breakup w/her BF when she didn't really want to. Its someone else's fault. But then she wants to apologize.... why? I call crazy.

Her ex clearly dodged a bullet. I hope he's smart enough not to take her back.

P.S. He has already found an new interest....that means he has moved on.
    Good point. So, her apologizing will only humiliate her. Unless... she is sincere? Doubt it.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

[QUOTE=IndiReloaded;784632]
    Smackie, you got it. Anyway, the OP is so full of inconsistencies its hilarious.

LIKE?? it was always his friends stressed me out and I felt like he should have dealt with it, he didn't so I broke up with him. Then afterwards felt that was a
    really bad reason to break up with someone that made me that happy so I want him back.

Apparently the 'situation' isn't b/c the OP decided to jump the gun and breakup w/her BF when she didn't really want to.

You are right that wasn't the situation it was I broke up with him because his friends were stressing me out!

Its someone else's fault.
    Nope it was my fault. I admit to that and am sorry for doing so.

But then she wants to apologize.... why? I call crazy.
    Ill apologize regardless of the fact of if he takes me back or not because he is really that great of a person.

You are still selfish, IMO. Your apology isn't b/c you genuinely feel bad, its b/c you aren't getting what you want. A real apology is given without any expectation of a result.

You sound like a typical Gen "me" er. Grow up. Its not all about you.
    You can't blame the child if the parent was ignorant to begin with. Jen12 sounds like a child of kids who grew up in the "affluent" 1980s. Back then it was all about material things. Not good manners, education, social skills, or good relationships. I should know, I grew up then too.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast