+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just started dating and christmas is coming

Just started dating and christmas is coming

We started talking online we actually met not too long ago and I asked her out, ehe said yes. But christmas is less than a month away and the likely hood that we'll be still be dating then is high, so what do I do about a gift for her. Ive never been with a new girl around christmas

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do yourself a favor, and don't overdo it because whatever you do for her, she will expect something grander if you continue dating her for any length of time.

Maybe just dinner and flowers or candy. (How old are you?)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

We're both 20

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Books are nice, a winter scarf, music... I don't suggest an iTunes card. It's too impersonal.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I was thinking a short trip to santa fe (state cap and artist community) for dinner, and maybe some shoping, think its too much?

how about this, movie tickets...its simple its cheap and it gets your another date. dont get anything personal, its toon soon IMO

do not overdue it. If you happen to be together next year, she will expect something way bigger. If you two happen to break up a couple weeks later, you've just wasted tons of money. Plus, she probably will get you something small....you don't want her to feel embarrassed if you were to give her something big. If she's a girly girl, maybe buy her a mini OPI nail polish set. If she is artsy and into music....buy her an itune gift card. If she's a movie buff....buy her movie passes. I would say $25 limit is a perfect amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookahmike View Post
    I was thinking a short trip to santa fe (state cap and artist community) for dinner, and maybe some shoping, think its too much?
    You know her better than us, but I would appreciate something I could keep that you thought of yourself. Think about what you two have talked about and what she's disclosed to you that she likes, always wanted, talks alot about and then buy something coresponding.

I always wanted a rabbit when I was a kid and I told my husband (new boyfriend at the time) that. For Christmas he bought me a hand carved wooden rabbit. I still have it to this day, some 30+ years later.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 03-12-11 at 01:50 AM. Reason: typo
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Dinner and shopping is nice, but I agree with Wakeup that some people might want something physical to hold onto. Some people might not even consider dinner and window shopping to be a present, just another date.

I would suggest something small but meaningful. If you know of things that she likes, you can get her something related to that. But if not, I think it would be nice if you got her something related to you (to show that you want to share more of yourself with her). Maybe get her a copy of your all-time favorite book. Or a CD of your all-time favorite group. Something like that.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I agree that it should be small, but meaningful. I'm more for inexpensive,but unique presents. For example, my male friend who lives far from his girlfriend sent her a postcard with a flower on it. The flower was made entirely of cut-outs of their pictures put together in a patchwork thing! It looked absolutely gorgeuous and it was not worth more that 10 $, but the amount ot time he'd spent on it and the skills/techniques he used meant that he made an effort for her.I think those kind of presents are very romantic. So, make her/buy her something meaningful Gool luck!

sadie_genie Guest
    If you are going to gift someone at least make it to be something of value like electronics. If jewellery make sure it is at least above $100. If you don't want to spend to get a decent gift, don't gift at all. However, it is reasonable to not want to spend that much on someone you just started dating so just take her out at a nice place to eat. Food is always good.

But her something small and not that expensive.
    So but her something small and nice.

I'm in the same situation as you are at the moment.

But, I was thinking different about all the above post.

For me, I think I'm going to get her a diamond heart necklace. Or is it too soon you think?

Quote Originally Posted by chailli View Post
    I'm in the same situation as you are at the moment.

But, I was thinking different about all the above post.

For me, I think I'm going to get her a diamond heart necklace. Or is it too soon you think?
    Way too soon