+ Follow This Topic

Thread: God first message to send on a dating site

God first message to send on a dating site

i struggle with sending messages on dating sites. What a good first message to send? like i dont want to come off creepy but i want to come off interested that i wanna chat. If she has similar taste in music or movies how do I put that in the message?
    Also how should I end the message? Hope to hear from ya?? I would be interested in chatting?

help me please thanks

Just be yourself. Hey...I see you like so and so movie. I love that scence when blah blah blah blah. I really like your pictures too......hope you have a good day. get back to me if youd like to chat.

Always talk about something personal from their profile. Remember also.....for every 20 emails you send out you get 1 reply.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't mention pictures, that sounds creepy. Say hello, say you noticed they like [fill in common interest] and say that you would enjoy a chat sometime.

That's it. Be cool.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Your first message should be something like: "yo yo yo i want to tap dat whattup hit me up" then attach a picture of your willy.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

It's true....for every 20 msg's you probably will get 1 reply back. Don't take things so personally if a particular hot girl won't message you back.

There is no standard pat answer that will be considered intriguing so forget asking for a line. Read her profile and comment on something within. If you can use humour then by all means use it. If you show confidence and you can get her to chuckle, you'll have greater odds of getting a response.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

make it short and simple....try this.

Stopping by to say Hi. You seem determined and i find that very cool. Have a great day and hope to hear from you.

see its that simple.

I agree that it is best to comment on something regarding her profile (a shared interest or something). That shows that you took the time to look at her profile and not just her picture. Also, make it a decent opening message. Don't just make it one sentence. Make it so that she gets interested in talking to you. Women have shared with me that a lot of single line messages to them just get deleted. The woman feels that if you aren't making an effort to attract her, why should she waste the time to respond to you.

Also, remember that dating in general, and online dating in particular, is about marketing. You are selling yourself and competing for attention. So be yourself, but be interesting without being cocky.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    make it short and simple....try this.

Stopping by to say Hi. You seem determined and i find that very cool. Have a great day and hope to hear from you.

see its that simple.
    No effort involved and it appears that its just a spammy generic attempt that looks like you've repeated it to every chick on the site.

Sorry, but I'd immediately send back: Thank you for your interest. However I don't see us as being compatible. I do wish you good luck in your search.

I'd not ask to chat either. I think that if you ask something that requires a reply, that if she's actually interested she'll automatically start chating when she answers the question.

E.G.
    You: "You live near (insert good restaurant/landmark/tourist attraction) when's the last time you were there?"
    Her: "I've never been there"
    You: "OMG, me either. We should go together. :o)

Or;
    Her: "Just last week"
    You: "I've never been. Maybe that could be our first date if we click.. what do you say?"

Always end with something that will encourage her to reply once again. If she doesn't reply then you'll know she's not all that interested and just move on. The emails should be back and forth and timely.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 06-12-11 at 03:25 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

maybe add something random in there, so its not so bland and boring. something that says a little bit about you- your personality- sense of humor. if a girl is getting tons of messages, shes not going to take the time to reply to the boring ones. i wouldnt.