+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some help coming out my shell?

Need some help coming out my shell?

So I consider myself pretty good looking but I cant seem to get a girlfriend. I mean I am shy and all but I'm trying to get over my fear of approaching girls.

I mean girls notice me but they just look at me, never really smile, but it still seems like they attracted to me some how, why dont they smile?

Last girl I talked to a girl who seemed interested in me, looks at me everytime she sees me so I talk to her. While I was blazed so I really didnt want to plus me being shy its just seemed boring. Usually not quite this bad but we both seemed bored talking to each other, yet she was touching her hair. Does that mean i still have a chance if we have a good convo next time.

What do girls want me to do when there attracted to me, What do I do because it happens all the time and i want to get good at this.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadlocs View Post
    Last girl I talked to a girl who seemed interested in me, looks at me everytime she sees me so I talk to her. While I was blazed so I really didnt want to plus me being shy its just seemed boring. Usually not quite this bad but we both seemed bored talking to each other, yet she was touching her hair.
    I'm having a really hard time understanding that part.

Anyway...you can't rely on looks alone. Good looks may help a girl notice you...but it's not going to make her immediately attracted and want to know more about you (The exception to that rule is if you are super gorgeous....like gorgeous enough to be a model...then no matter how awkward/personality-less you are...you will always seem cute. No offense but I doubt that is the case given that you are posting this topic).

Don't be afraid to talk to girls. And don't always expect to find a potential girlfriend from talking to one. I think you should start convos with the mindset that you'd like to be friends with this person. After you get over the intro...try to find a common interest. It could be a hobby, TV show, opinion about something going on/the place you're at (don't try this if it is a negative opinion)...etc. If you find one...great the convo will flow from there. If you don't ...oh well. It's not the end of the world. Say it was a pleasure meeting/talking to her and that you're going to go find your friend/go use the restroom/go buy a drink/etc.... Be creative. Don't fabricate lies. And try to stay positive.

Good luck.

Funny thing i was actually a model at abercrombie lol I one of those people that didnt realize he looked as good as he did till a few years ago. You know how a girl doesnt realize her potential then she does. that happened to me when i started getting notice by pretty girls. Like girls that every guy wants but cant get. those girls look at me and i do talk to them as friends. Me being shy defiantly keeps me from talking to a girl like i want her to be my gf. Sometimes it feels like thats exactly what they want because when i try to be there friend they dont really ever try and talk after that. I would have to go up to them and talk to them first again.

why not meet girls online? you say that your attractive, so when you put up a photo, i'm sure you'll get lots of bites from girls. Talk to girls online first, that should break the ice when you two finally meet in person.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    why not meet girls online? you say that your attractive, so when you put up a photo, i'm sure you'll get lots of bites from girls. Talk to girls online first, that should break the ice when you two finally meet in person.
    because that doesnt help me. I want to be able to do this at bars, school, partys, etc. Trying to be a more social person. A introvert trying to become a extrovert

Funny thing i was actually a model at abercrombie lol I one of those people that didnt realize he looked as good as he did till a few years ago. You know how a girl doesnt realize her potential then she does. that happened to me when i started getting notice by pretty girls. Like girls that every guy wants but cant get. those girls look at me and i do talk to them as friends. Me being shy defiantly keeps me from talking to a girl like i want her to be my gf. Sometimes it feels like thats exactly what they want because when i try to be there friend they dont really ever try and talk after that. I would have to go up to them and talk to them first again.

You sound a bit like a male version me....except I never modeled.

I've always been really quiet and shy. And because guys hardly ever talked to me...I thought I was ugly and I thought all my friends' compliments were lies to make me feel better. Little did I know... In college, I found out that guys were scared to talk to me cuz they thought I was cute but too quiet (maybe I seemed standoffish). It usually took them a few drinks. At first, I was too happy that I was getting attention from guys that I would too eagerly agree to go on dates. I also went on some too-much-fun party sprees. Fair warning...don't let the attention get to you! That's how gorgeous guys become jerks/players.

But the change wasn't overnight! I started by forcing myself to be more outgoing. I hated being a quiet nobody. I took on a job at the library service desk and leadership roles in clubs. My major also involved a sh*t ton of presentations and group projects. I think the combination helped me find my confidence. So I say get more involved...do something that will push you out of your comfort zone. Customer service is also a good way to practice your social skills. Also, visit your campus counselling center! I know mine had a group session of people who were shy, had friends, but wanted to be more social/outgoing. It was really helpful....helped me see things in a different POV.
    Last edited by rayna; 13-12-11 at 01:48 PM.

because that doesnt help me. I want to be able to do this at bars, school, partys, etc. Trying to be a more social person. A introvert trying to become a extrovert
    Bars: Have a wingman and try to strike up convos with groups of girls. Ask a girl if you can buy her a drink. Or just buy one for her anyway.
    School: Study groups is a good way to meet and connect.
    Parties: If there's dancing...ask a girl on the dance floor if she'd like to dance. Politeness is better than creepy guy that bumps into a girl from behind. Have her show off her dance moves...and you can show off yours. Find a partner to play beer pong with or play against some girls and talk to them after the game.

If you hit it up well with a girl at a party or bar, don't forget to get her number. And don't ignore her if you see her on campus! That way you can potentially hang out again!

I have so much more to say about all this...I can give you some insight on things guys tried on me that worked (even though I knew it was his pick up line or what not). I was going to message you...but there's a ridiculous 1000 CHARACTER (no not 1000 words...1000 characters) limit on messages

I used to be shy, but I made a decision to be less shy. I practiced small talk, went to parties, and I got more aggressive with girls, but not in a bad way. I just was the one to talk to them first. You can do it too.

But you have a problem. If you were a model you are probably good looking, therefore girls may assume you have a girlfriend, or you are "ungettable". You might be perceived as having ultra-high standards, so girls won't even try to approach you. That means you must be the one to start a conversation.

Also, do you have dreadlocks? If so, girls might like the look, but they don't feel like dating a guy with dreads.

"Weed and peace to da peepoe!"
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

girls get very shy when approaching guys that are too good looking because they don't think they stand a chance. He's either taken or he'll never settle for an average looking girl.
    It's the same for guys who approach a girl that's a 10/10.

I defiantly have to start the convo, i mean girls will look and look but wont try and talk to me. And yes I have dreadlocks, there not nasty or anything, well maintained. Also I don't have ultra-high standards but I want a girl that takes care of her self. I myself love to dress nice, always have new clothes and shoes, so I want the girl to also.

Do girls mind If a guy is super chill cause im that person. I just like to go with the flow and if it ain't working imma just leave. I had a boring convo with this girl last week, horrible and i knew this girl liked me, if i catch her looking at me again can i fix what i messed up.

Alright dude, just have this in your head 'I am the F***ing man'. This girl wants me, bad. How can I tease her. Be witty. Who cares if you sound arrogant or cocky? that's what she wants. You already know she likes you, and so does she. She wants you. So play on it man. Don't go all mushy, be a bit cocky, look away when she looks at you. Or wink. Smile. Buy her a drink, set it at her table and say 'You looked like you could use a bit of courage'. You sound like a decent guy who treats women well, so you have nothing to be ashamed about by being a bit flirtatious. There's no shame. Cause when it boils down to it, and you've reeled her in, you're gonna treat her right. Never fear man. Rejection doesn't even come into it.