+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is talking on the phone a must before you meet?

Is talking on the phone a must before you meet?

Everyone says to get the phone number and talk before you meet but is that really mandatory? I mean some people really don't like talking on the phone and could come off as shy or not interesting. For me I would rather send a couple of messages and meet face to face

Am I wrong in thinking of that?

Why would you come off as shy and un-interesting on the phone and not in real life?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

I don't really like talking on the phone before I meet someone but some people do. I'd really just call the first time to get details and confirm where we are meeting up. If thats what you want to do then try to keep the conversation short and just say "great sounds good, I'll see you then" after you get the where and when. Or also just bring up that your about to go do something, she can't be mad that you have things to do. "that sounds great, I'm going to go do some house work now but I'll see you at___". Hope that helps.

Can you help me with mine too? I think you might be able to help, its short...
    [url]http://www.loveforum.net/threads/62331-What-does-it-mean-if[/url]

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you can tell a lot on the phone about the other person.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

I was afraid as well but somehow thats a proof for a girl that you're the man! She need to hear those words so don't ask her by sms. Start talking with your best friends on the phone, than with other people for hours to practice. Try talking while doing other stuff if you want. The alternative is to invite her personally.
    Another phone tip: think previously in what you want to say so you don't go off topics. Than wait a bit, go do other stuff and some hours later when you decide to phone her, don't start thinking to much, just press the buttons (that will avoid the pressure). Oh, and avoid the night for invitation (people are tired and don't want to be bored