+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Too Specific?

Too Specific?

Okay I am a 22 year old male, no real family left, no baggage other than some job related issues, but I can't seem to find a girl who truly interests me. I want to know if I am being too picky or specific and looking for someone who doesn't exist. I want a woman who is focused, not a "dependent" but someone who has a similar set of goals to mine. Not looking for woman who wants to settle down, but a woman in law enforcement, military, medical field/veterinarian, auto fabrication/repair/modification. I want someone who while has their own set of hobbies also shares some of mine such as guns, cars, motorcycles, outdoors, spending time in snowed in cabins, skiing/snowboarding, volunteering at animal shelters, vacations, cruises, and musicals/plays. Just wanted an outside opinion, is this unrealistic?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    In your age range? Yes, you are probably being unrealistic. Most females your age would be better described as "girls" rather than "women", and they likely haven't done enough personal development to have careers such as you describe. If you date older, you might have better luck.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

If you want her to be feminine too, probably. Most chicks I have met like you describe have been complete and utter tom boys.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Also, don't forget if you meet a girl that doesn't share your immediate interests but is open-minded enough to try new things she may be willing to give all those things ago and we can share those hobbies together.

As for what career she does I don't think you should focus on that too much. People jump around in their careers so much these days. If she is a receptionist now, who knows, in 5-10 years time she could become a cop. Maybe focus more on the person's qualities and core values as the other stuff is quite fluid and changeable over time.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

As you get older, you will figure out that you just need to settle. You probably will find a girl who is a vet but hates the outdoors. Or a girl who loves the outdoors but has no career goals. Unless you are a multi-millionaire or look like Ryan Reynolds....you'll go to the back of the line and sift through the pickings of "average" girls like the rest of em.