+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does my boyfriend do this?

Jjo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Why does my boyfriend do this?

The start of our relationship was a year and a half ago. The first piece of jewelry he got me was a simple small silver heart necklace which at the time he gave it to me October of last year (5 months into our relationship at the time) he said "I only paid 30 for it". Since he has gotten me other gifts and other pieces of jewelry. For our one year anniversary he gave me a sterling silver heart bracelet. Another anniversary he gave me another heart shaped bracelet that was an open heart with rope (nothing super expensive). For my birthday this year he got me a $90 sterling silver heart shaped cubic zirconia necklace. and then randomly today for no reason he gave me a sterling silver black onyx stone ring.

His gifts seem to be more expensive now but why all the sudden has he decided to spend more? Also, the random ring today for no reason? Why did he gift that to me for no real reason?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    if you have to ask, you aren't old enough to have a boyfriend.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

This isnt a serious thread surely??

OMG are you kiddin me? Who cares,...just enjoy it.

does there have to be a reason? are you still in high schhool, please say yes... Why in the world would he give you an expensive gift when he first met you? Since he knows you more and he been with you for over a year. Shoudln't the present be more expensive? If it the gift were cheaper, then you might have to start wondering what's going on. But since its getting more expensive, why question about it? I don't see a point in asking this question...

Why DON"T you ask him why he suddenly gave you such expensive jewelry. We're not HIM.

Maybe he is cheating on you and feels guilty so he buys you gifts

maybe as the love grows so do the gifts? Just consider yourself lucky it isn't the other way around!
    “So it's not gonna be easy, It's going to be really hard, we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.” <3

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    Maybe he is cheating on you and feels guilty so he buys you gifts
    haha, possible. Probably just aa show of affection, provided it's his money then who cares as someone said already.

It is a simple matter to make a woman think you love her just by buying her things. Maybe he feels guilty about having an affair on the side. Real love is not based on material things, but is based on work, and actions.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Consinder yourself lucky! My bf brought me a cook book for my birthday! And for christmas got me a fishing rod.... And nothing for valentines day.

I buy my GF presents. She buys me presents. Not just at birthday or Xmas. I guess it's because we love each other.