+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you stay with a girl you are not in love with?

Would you stay with a girl you are not in love with?

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions... What are you guys like when you are in love?
    Does "I love you" have sense for you? Or are the gestures more important?
    Also, if you are in a relationship with a girl since a few months and you know she loves you but you don't or only have affection for her, would you dare keep on dating her or would you rather stop because you're scared to make her suffer? (Also, take into account that you're not a prick!)

It depends. If she was pleasant to be around with, I might stay with her for a while.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Even if you are aware that you're making her suffer?

sadie_genie Guest
    If he is lonely and dependent.

It would be best to end the relationship.....that is what dating is all about...you have to do some tire kicking to find the one to fall in love with. If you are not feeling it by now, it would only be fair to her you end it.....it would be devastating to her, to be lead on like that because you are getting sex and good company.....that means you are just being a user, and user rhymes with loser.....

When you say that it would be best to end the relationship, you mean for the one who's not in love, to end the relationship? Or for the other one to do it?

You must feel you are caught between a rock and a hard place. You don't want to hurt her because she is falling for you, but you don't want to be a prick by leading her on. It's tough, but honestly wins in the end. You will be doing you and her a favor. She's a big girl, she will get over it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Muse87 View Post
    When you say that it would be best to end the relationship, you mean for the one who's not in love, to end the relationship? Or for the other one to do it?
    The most responsible thing you can do is to end it yourself. It's not your fault your feelings didn't grow for her.....you can't help how you feel about this. It will be ok....it's not the end of the world. I had an ex that said the same thing to me....and well I agreed with him, then we went our separate ways.

Thank you very much for the comments...
    Just one more question, in this case, if you personnaly stayed with the girl, it would mean that you have real feelings for her? Or juste because you are too cowardly to leave her?

Look if she gets all upset and stuff, well she is just reacting to a loss. In time it will makes sense to her, that it was for the best. No one wants to be with someone that doesn't feel the same way about them.

Thank you very muche for the comments...
    Juste one more question, in this case, if you personnaly stayed with the girl, it would mean that you have real feelings for her? Or juste because you are too cowardly to leave her?
    From what I see here I am going with cowardly.

Dude if you had those feelings for her you wouldn't be posting these questions on here.

It would suck to go on not knowing or feeling what love is. When you are in love, you will just know and feel it. You haven't felt it with her or else you wouldn't be asking the board how it feels like. Being in love is one of the best feelings in the world, it's total bliss. Sometimes when dating you will come across people that you feel no connection for, you break it off and go on to the next until you find your true love. You seem very young still. Don't settle for a girl you aren't 100% into.
    Last edited by bcgirl; 19-12-11 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    From what I see here I am going with cowardly.
    even if she keeps telling you she feels bad because you don't seem to "care" enough about her? You wouldn't feel guilty?

even if she keeps telling you she feels bad because you don't seem to "care" enough about her? You wouldn't feel guilty?
    That's manipulation on her part....trying to guilt you into falling in love with her. She sounds immature, and doesn't understand how things work in the dating world yet. She is trying to force something that won't happen...and is having a real hard time accepting it like a stubborn child.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast