+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girls what constitutes a creepy guy in your opinion?

Girls what constitutes a creepy guy in your opinion?

I met this guy who I think is creepy because he didn't give me space and he sat too close to me when we went out the first time and wanted to hold on my hand too soon. He sat too close to me and I realized that my body was automatically moving into the corner without me realizing it until he asked me why I'm sitting so close to the corner. He kept holding onto my hand in the car and says weird things.

Then I met another guy who I think is creepy because he is perverted and can't keep his hands to himself. Well I know guys are like that, but he talks in a weird way and gives people the creepy vibe from him. A few girls thinks he is creepy.

Then there is a nice guy who is really nice and willing to help you out when you need it, but makes girls feel uncomfortable and less attracted to him.

So girls what constitutes a creepy guy in your opinion?

i think the first guy I talked about is more creepy lol than the other ones.... lol
    Last edited by iamminzy; 21-12-11 at 12:01 PM.

well...hes creepy,indeed...seems hes one of those who ignore "intimate distnaces" and so and in my opinion,sooner or later hell try to get closer with force...might be dangerous...

...and the other guy...that one seems to have some super ego when girls in his presence feel less attractive or hes just a total "noob" and cant and dont know how to show to a woman that shes is attractive.

I'm a guy. I think girls get uncomfortable when guys get too physically close too soon, or make sexual comments too soon. Just a guess.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

sadie_genie Guest
    I suspect you find him creepy because you don't find him attractive. If a hunky guy wants to be close, I wouldn't feel uncomfortable.

Guys like that live in a fantasy world and don't know how to act appropriately irl. They lack exprience, can suffer from social anxiety (shyness), awkwardness, needy, too eager, hyper, have trouble reading signals, don't respect other people's space, have a one track mind, they misinterpet a girl's response like if she is just being polite as a flirtation....all these behaviours repell people from them. They just don't understand the rules to social interaction....they can get hopelessly lost and drepressed which makes them even more desparate and over react. It's really hard for them to break those habits no matter how hard they try.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    I suspect you find him creepy because you don't find him attractive. If a hunky guy wants to be close, I wouldn't feel uncomfortable.

Trust me even good looking and hunky can come off as creepy or a pervert....been there, done that.

To me creepy basically comes down to being unable to adequately hide the fact that you want to do someone.

I had a guy friend once who I knew was into me but we'd been able to hang out for quite a few months without this being a problem. Then one night a group of us went out clubbing and he spent the whole night practically hanging off me and scaring off any other guy that would talk to me. I told him that wasn't on and went off to dance by myself. When I noticed him imitating my dance moves (genuinely, not mockingly) that was when I had had enough for the night. The clubs we were at were less than a 5 min walk from my home so I decided to leave. At this point, if he had done nothing more I think we could have stayed friends... He offered to walk me home. I declined. He walked me downstairs even though I protested. When we got downstairs I told him in no uncertain terms that I wanted to walk home ALONE! I began the walk and after about 100m I looked behind me to see him ducking behind a tree. I continued to walk and every time I looked behind me he was there. This creeped me out no end.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

It's important to trust your instincts in these things. Attraction is different things for different people. Some people like more close contact than others. Some people are a little bit over eager and need to be told (nicely) to back it off a little. Some guys need a little help with their manners. Some guys are a bit clueless about dating etiquette.

But if a guy doesn't understand how to take 'no' for an answer even on the level of pestering you to have a drink, go on a date, hold hands, etc. I'd take that as a warning sign.

If you have a bad feeling about someone, trust your intuition. That's what it's for.
    "The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself." - Oscar Wilde

Creepy is that unsettling feeling you get from someone. You can't really describe it....but it's just not right. There is this creepy middle aged mailman I see everyday that delivers mail to my work. He always says "Hi" with a grin on his face and stares at me up and down. It's gross because I feel like he is undressing me with his eyes.

The only thing that matters is what you think is creepy. It's different for different people. The generic formula for "creepy" is, needyness. Him wanting something from you, you do not want to give, and then he either ignores your signs or is incapable of decifering them.

In general, whether you find the particular guy physically attractive or not, is going to have a bearing on how you view his advances. This is not to say that a handsome man cannot be creepy. Lack of social intelligence can bring down anyone.

Creepy can also come about by nervousness. Iv'e been creepy hundreds of times when first meeting a girl. I cared too much about things going good. Cared too much about how I was viewed by the company. That just puts one back to needyness thus creepy.

what about creepy girls? Is creepy put into a context to refer to a girl the same as when talking about a guy?

Well some girls can be creepy but in general it's mostly guys who are referred to as being creepy lol. I just remember my first encounter of a creepy neighbor. He moved in with his family and everyday when I walk home from school he be staring and peeking out his window. He thinks I can't see him... I think he has mental issues. He only has one eye, but this scared me a whole lot. He even took pictures of me and knew what time I came home from school. My mom wouldn't do anything about it and thought that I was the one who was making up lies...

oh that is creepy.....
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

As far as guys go, their brains are not wired to interpret subtle social signals most times. Some guys fake it, but women are wired to read those social signals. That explains why guys are less social (again, some fake it) and girls are more social.

As for girls, only the one girl that stalked me in college creeped me out. She had a real bad crush on me and I believe SOMEONE was telling her "don't give up". So she wouldn't take "No" for an answer. Most girls do not have the guts to act on their crush, so girls rarely come off as creepy.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I saw this creepy guy on the beach who was taking pictures of little girls with his camera....creepy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast