+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i need a girls opinion on this

i need a girls opinion on this

first i wanna give a little recap i meet this girl when we where in high school about 4-5 years ago at one of my football games. My ride left me (lol) and she was there i nvr meet her before but she offered me a ride home so well i didint feel like walking after playing the game so i said sure and a couple weeks later we starting dating. but due to some family stuff we broke up but have been best friends ever since but about 3 years later i left for the marine corps she was fully supportive but when i came home from boot i got to meet her new boyfriend. and thats how we started now 2-3 years later we r still best friends and spend ever minute we can together but im stationed out in japan and havent been home in quite a while and might not be home for a couple of years due to deployments and my job in the corps keeps me very busy. we still talk daily.... almost as if we r still hanging out all the time daily i get to tell her not to give up on her boyfriend who as been pretty distant recently for some reason when i want to say is leave him. there is no denying there is something between us. my whole family has asked her before ( behind my back) if she loves me and if there is something there and she says yes and her mom and dad have both told me to marry her but neither her nor i want a long distance relationship. i may be staying in longer then my contract so i dont know when i will be home next. in our texting and phone calls she talks differently as if she misses me more then a friend by the words she uses but i cant be with someone while im in japan and they live in new york. i love her with all my heart and she has told me the same but this distance is killing any dreams of more. do i try and take my chances when i take leave or to i wait about 3 more years and hope she is single when i return the wndow with her nvr stays open long. relly want a girls opinion on this plz!

Well, whatever you do, I hope you are dating other girls while you are in Japan. You need to meet other girls and see how compatible they are with you, to make sure you find the best girl for you.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I never recommend LDR's BUT you two have stuck it out for this long why not try. There are others that have posted on this site, that have had successful marriages having to be apart even for several years. Of course it has it's challenges but I feel you both can do it. Your job situation isn't forever, you can make changes and she can move to where you are. It's nothing new, couples have been doing it for decades. Maybe you could talk to someone in your unit that is married and ask them how they cope with the distance.

yeah the thing is she is finishing school still so she cant move and marriage is out we have been friends for so long and i have been dating i was engaged and she cheated on me while i was out here thats another reason y im kinda against long distance relationships and i plan on taking my next relationship a little slower

Have you considered trying to solve the long distance aspect? Do you think she would move for you? Would you consider leaving the Marines for her?

Well if you know it's gonna fail why are you even bothering us for advice.