+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Don't know what to do about this

Don't know what to do about this

I haven't heard from my bf since sunday (5 days ago). We are in a long distance relationship and basically he asked me how I felt about him, I told him, then I asked him to tell me how he feels about me and he didn't reply then said he was still thinking about what to put when I brought it up again. I emailed him quite a long email and when he read it he said he would reply shortly. He never did and I've not heard from him since. I've text him three times and nothing. I feel so hurt that he hasn't even got the balls to tell me it's over. How should I approach this? I'm so hurt/sad/angry, it's bad enough losing him but it hurts so much that he can't even be bothered to tell me, he just ignores me completely.

Then you just grow some and do it yourself. Sometimes it's better to take matters into you own hands. Tip: stay away from long distance relationships and date locally. Long distance leaves too much opportunity for the other to cheat, lie and use you. It's usually 10% reality and 90% fantasy...your expectations of that person gets so high, they usually end up letting you down....it's just not worth it.

^ Hi smakie....fellow Beautiful british columbian friend

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    ^ Hi smakie....fellow Beautiful british columbian friend
    Hey you! I'm just enjoying a typical rainy xmas eve here in the lower mainland. lol.

What was in the long email you wrote to him? Did it say or imply you are breaking up with him? Could he have misinterpreted it that way?

How do you know he's not in the hospital in a coma? Or on a trip where there is no cell service?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

He contacted me in the end and we've had a good long chat and he supposedly intends to visit me soon, although I won't hold my breath. He is always so busy and tired and hates texting but it's no excuse to leave it for days without a word from him. If he phones me and I don't answer he keeps on phoning and texting and acting all worried, yet when it's the other way around he completely disregards how it feels for me. It's frustrating but that's just the way he is.