+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How should I message a girl....

How should I message a girl....

..I am mostly considering doing so because she states on her profile that she's a hockey fan (seeing this on profiles seems to remove some of my inhibitions; guess I love hockey that much).

How should I message her about it?

How about something like 'I notice you enjoy hockey. What team do you follow?' or 'have you been to many games this season?' something like that may be a start...
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Something like asking about her favorite team, and sharing your favorite team with her. I usually ask the girl something, and share my preferences on that topic in the same message.

If I like hiking, I ask her what parks she likes to hike at. Then I tell her I prefer to hike when it's 35F or more. I'm not much of a winter person. This ensures she doesn't ask me out on a winter hike which would make things awkward.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

What I seem to have trouble doing is flirt within that conversation; I usually get caught up too much in that one subject to switch or phrase my responses in ways interesting to girls. Maybe I keep talking to them about certain subjects as though they were guys..

Don't try too hard. Just be yourself. It isn't all about flirting. Keep it light at first (yes, you may have to tone the big words down, sorry) and show an interest in them whilst adding what interests you, but in a humble way, not in a 'I'm the greatest person in the world' way. It needs to be natural. The right person for you will show an interest in what you are saying. If they don't, move on.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Good advice. Thank you!