There's this guy I met mid September at this meet and greet event for university accommodation and we ended up living together in the same house with 3 other people. During freshers week we became very close, others commented whether we were going out or not / for him to ask me out, he seemed all up for the idea but I reluctantly shrugged it off because I wasn't quite sure whether I liked him or not, as we only knew each other for a week. We got closer and closer as the weeks went on, he started holding my hand on the way to the supermarket and back, which I broke from at times because our hands got a bit too sweaty for my liking. We texted each other every day, we pretty much spent all of our time off together. After a drunken night out we began snuggling and later on having "sexy-time" in bed every other day. One morning, in bed he asked whether we were going out or not which I replied back to as yes I guess we are. Once 4 weeks went by he got pretty close with the other girl in our house on a drunken night out, It didn't seem right to me, but I chose to ignore it. Ever since that night, she left(for her own personal reasons), and me and this guy were still really close, up until about late October when he started becoming rather distant romantically. Barely any sexy-time, no hand holding, maybe a text once a week and whenever we did kiss/hug I was always the one who initiated it.

About a month ago he told me that he decided that he'll be living with other people off his course next year. Pathetically, I started crying after I whinged a bit about how I thought he would've wanted to live with me. It seemed like the only thing I could do to make him realize that I was very serious about the matter. He consoled me, I asked whether he still liked me or not and if we were going out. To which he gave me the response I wanted. I'm a sort of loner when it comes to making friends, it's hard for me, so I haven't really met anyone else who I could possibly decide to live with within this short amount of time that we've been given. Otherwise my response to his news wouldn't have been this bad.

During the weeks leading up to Christmas break we still spent a lot of spare time hanging out together, watching movies / going to the library but we rarely ever went out drinking(both of us realized that we weren't the going out sort of people). The rest of the time he spent in his room, and I gave him all the space he needed. Whenever we hung out was mostly whenever he asked. It seemed like we were more like just friends than anything, nothing we did was couple-like. We both went back home for Christmas 2 weeks ago and the only contact we've had has been a text every now again, the majority of his responses were one-worded.

This guy is what I'd describe as ideal, and I still really like him so clearly I want to keep him. He's a really nice guy which might be a reason why he may be afraid to hurt me by breaking up with me. I also always feared that if I initiated the 'where is our relationship headed' talk it would end up with me losing him and making things awkward around the house for the rest of the year. And I admit that I'm pretty friendless at the moment, a bit insecure and I need the company while I sort out my social life etc.

So.. we'll both be moving back into the house next Sunday and I'm looking for advice on what to do next. I know I can't make things as exciting as they were the first couple of weeks, but I want things to go back to how they were to some sort of extent. Just need some sort of advice or other peoples thoughts on my current matter..