+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A crush on my best friend.

A crush on my best friend.

I'm a guy who has accidentally gotten a crush on my best female friend. Maybe its because she confidently flirts with me from time to time, and i've grown on that, or maybe its because I'm a teenager, who knows. The problem is, I once rejected her three years ago, before we were even friends, so there isn't a chance of her telling me even if she did feel the same way about me, unless i do first.

So here's my question. Do I tell her, and work through the situation with her, or do I swallow my feelings and chalk it up for experience? I know that as intimacy grows, friendship lessens, its a natural problem I have. I don't want to destroy the friendship, (whether she rejects me or agrees with me, I'm pretty sure it would have a significant impact on the friendship), but I don't want to miss out on a great oppurtunity.

What do I do?
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

Quote Originally Posted by moeburn
    Do I tell her, and work through the situation with her
    Yes, this is what you do. Just make sure before you start anything, make a promise between you two that no matter what happens, you and her will be friends afterwards....that way their is no worries.

Moeburn----So the facts are:
    *You're rejected her before
    *She's now your best female friend
    *She flirts with you

60% chance she still likes you (in a romantic sense)
    40% she's lost romantic interest, but likes you as a person

I think it's more like 75%-25% chance. But, just go for it. Just make sure you two keep a promise to remain friends wether or not anything happens.

Quote Originally Posted by moeburn
    I'm a guy who has accidentally gotten a crush on my best female friend. Maybe its because she confidently flirts with me from time to time, and i've grown on that, or maybe its because I'm a teenager, who knows. The problem is, I once rejected her three years ago, before we were even friends, so there isn't a chance of her telling me even if she did feel the same way about me, unless i do first.

So here's my question. Do I tell her, and work through the situation with her, or do I swallow my feelings and chalk it up for experience? I know that as intimacy grows, friendship lessens, its a natural problem I have. I don't want to destroy the friendship, (whether she rejects me or agrees with me, I'm pretty sure it would have a significant impact on the friendship), but I don't want to miss out on a great oppurtunity.

What do I do?

alright man heres what i'll tell you, i had a best friend she was a girl, i was friends with her for 2 years,...she told me that she liked me and i told her that i liked her...we started goin out and everything is goin good...i thinik relationships work alot better when there with best friends...you know everything about them, trust...and thats what is needed, if i was you i would say go for it,...good luck man

Yeah, I wouldn't really want to be in an intimate relationship with someone who wasn't my friend. Plus, we're such good friends that I don't really think this could harm the friendship in anyway, I guess that was just an excuse for my reluctance and shyness. But I can wait another month or two, because there is a special day that I know would be right

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

Well that didn't work out well.

what happened

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Uh-oh.

We're here for you moe, I got a vacant shoulder here for you if it's necessary.