+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Tendency of Committed Girls to..

Tendency of Committed Girls to..

..be interested in me. I've had this happen many times already, and I'm only 23.

I meet a girl and we connect well, even flirt, etc.. so I start thinking that we could go out. Then, usually only after a few days, they break that they're married, or otherwise committed to someone.

From there on I've actually had a few such relationships which have reached intimacy, and even extend into a reasonably long relationship, but, usually them being
    committed totally turns us into simply friends, if that, and I'm left heartbroken, confused, and disillusioned, as I had really believed that there was the potential for something deeper than friendship there, especially since they had made no real effort to not lead me on, although they usually say that I just simply did not understand them, and even get hostile about me questioning their intentions.

What is the point of this? I understand the attraction. I like to think, and have been told that, I simply appear to be an understanding person, one who would
    listen, and not judge, but also with the personality to care about what they say, and offer constructive feedback. Do those married or otherwise committed
    women find it's a relief a temporary outlet, like me, to express the frustration, and struggles within their commitment? I imagine the answer is obvious, and
    probably why not much, if anything, is done to be clear in the first place about their commitment.

Sometimes I like to think that this is my calling, an eternally detached, aloof, dreamy kid who will accept anybody and anything, provide relief for those in pain. But, it really is heartbreaking when I find that a girl is committed, and actually, no, doesn't want to go further into a relationship with me. It really sucks. And I felt that disillusionment again just this night. Again, I understand the intention, and am even coming to grips with what looks to be a purpose of mine, but oh man it hurts when I find out a girl already has somebody in their life. What is the point? Don't they care about how I might feel?

Thank you for listening.
    Last edited by Steward; 06-01-12 at 08:19 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why whine about this when the solution is simple? All you need to do is ASK a woman if she has a boyfriend/husband/kids the first day.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Are you good-looking? Studies show that most women love to have sex with good-looking men, but for marriage they prefer stable men with money. What that means is good-looking guys might get lots of sex, but might have trouble being taken seriously for a long-term thing.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)