+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused about relationship.

Confused about relationship.

To bring a bit of humour before the downfall. I tried to create an account on here, to find I had one already, then found 2 posts from me a year ago about the same girl. It made me laugh a bit.

Anyway onto why I'm here.

I am a very insecure person, so naturally I have had trouble with my girlfriend and her rebellious nature. We recently had problems due to her wishing to go out to night clubs, which to me was a big step due to the fact that when we got together and throughout the first year she was letting people feel her up, so naturally I am scared of her being around guys in a club-like nature. Admittedly I have told her not to go up until now. I know that controlling people are a pain in the arse, but I am only that way because of the start of the relationship. I said I was willing to take any steps about my insecurities in order to make her happy. I've stopped telling her not to go out and told her we can do whatever she likes etc. This was all a few weeks ago. Everything seemed fine after this, but recently she has met new people at her work and has really changed :/. We rarely text anymore and I'm always looking out for her, I text her every morning and every evening to see if she is ok and to see if she got home safely ( her being from a rough area, I feel the need to ).
    However recently she never texts anymore, never wants to meet, if we meet she just sits there quiet, minor but still there we never make love anymore where it used to be a big thing for us ( dropped from 1-3 times a day to once a month maximum ) which isn't a problem at all, I rang her after not hearing from her for more than a day and her replies were arsey and she just told me she was out and I told her i loved her and she just hung up.

I wonder if anyone could offer me any insight as to why she has suddenly started treating me bad. She says she has trouble letting people in but we have been together 3 years and I do everything for her, Paid for her dental care recently, take her out for meals, always offer to come to her house, always offer to meet up, buy her nice things like perfume, take her places she wants to be, buy her dvd's she wants to see, don't talk to people she doesn't like, she had insecurities too and in the past 3 years I've spoke to 2 girls other than my gf, I don't speak to anyone, don't drink, don't take drugs ( used to but quit for her). Trying to get an aprentership in plumbing and car for us.

I'd go to the end of the earth for this girl. I tell her I love her everyday, tell her shes beautiful, when I kiss her I make it mean something ( stroking her cheek/hair, kissing her forehead gently telling her i love her) etc things I imagine would make a kiss special lol, come on give me some slack here. I hold her when she needs holding, look out for her brother and sister, never bad mouth her, always hold her hand and kiss her hand. Look her into her eyes and tell her she's the best.

Alot of this may sound like I'm trying to buy her, but Surely I'm not doing anything wrong, all I'm trying to do is care?

I'm even loosing sleep over her.

Sorry for the read, someone help me out here? I'm feeling lost recently.

Have tried to tell her al this? Cause the only thing I know for certain is that you're doing everything you can for her. Maybe even too much (in her eyes, I don't know). Just sit down with her and have a good talk. My girlfriend and me are sometimes in exactly the same situation. One of us changing and the other not knowing anything. Like I said Just ask her to sit together and talk it out.

She doesn't have trouble letting people in, she has trouble telling you the sad sorry truth that she wants out.

She stays because she feels too oblicated with all the stuff you have paid for etc....just making her feel real guilty.
    Last edited by smackie9; 07-01-12 at 05:54 AM.

sounds to me like she is falling out of love with you. Perhaps she has another man who she is interested in. Perhaps she just enjoys being single and partying and hanging out with friends. Perhaps she finds you boring? She might want to go out more, do "fun" stuff, go dancing, things that young people do instead of the old sit around at home watching tv in Pj's.

She swears and looks me in the eye telling me she still loves me. I don't know, she's been my life for 3 years and I know nothing without her? I'm 18 now, I've been with her since 15, she's the only girl I've ever slept with etc, I've dropped friends for her.

I've given my life for her.. and feel like I'm loosing/lost everything :/

^ you both are so young. Explore other people, the first relationships never work out for the long run because of common situations like this. She wants to live her teen life and do stuff 18 year olds do....absolutely nothing wrong with that!! Ofcourse she says she still loves you....it's her first relationship and all she's known since she was 15. My advice is to allow this relationship to go......