+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parents against staying over at girlfriend's

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    I regularly ride 90 minutes in the dark in winter on a motorbike to see my girlfriend - and I'm 48. Stop being a pussy.
    Ha! +1. It's all about your experiences. OP has limited experiences that would toughen him. Hence our humor at his expense.

When I was 8, I had to walk to school, through the snow, for picture day, with my sister on my back, so she wouldn't get her dress all snowy and wet. True story.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

well you've already had sex. I mean....your dad has to get with the program....how many 18 yr olds do we have now a days that are virgins?! Why not just tell your dad that you've already had sex so he can stop assuming that you are still a 6 yr old little boy. I agree that you need to respect your parents wishes of not sleeping over....yes, you are an adult....but you are still living under your parents house and their house = their rules. Until you are able to afford your own car, apartment, food etc. then you don't need to listen to them. Why not try to become more independent? Take on a part-time job while being a student. Save up your own car or something...this will show your parents that you are capable of taking on loads of responsibility. Your parents are probably trying to stop you from having sex because they don't think you are responsible enough to wear protection...and parents worse fear is being grand-parents so soon while their son is unable to support a baby let alone himself. You really do need to sit down with your big pops and let him know that you are wearing protection and he has nothing to worry about in that sense.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tehwarlock View Post
    Tell your dad his fears are pretty pointless now since you've slept with a bunch of girls already.
    Dear God, please don't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    well you've already had sex. I mean....your dad has to get with the program....how many 18 yr olds do we have now a days that are virgins?!
    Only the ones on this board. lol.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

^ lol...true....

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Dear God, please don't do this.
    Oh come on, unless he's the reincarnation of Hitler, I doubt any serious consequences could derive from it. It's just sex after all, it's not like he's doing crack. Then again, I might be biased since my dad complained I wasn't dating enough people to gain experience and was spending too much time with one person.

As much as many want to belive, his dad isn't worried about sex. It's about giving his son more than he deserve or can handle. An 18 year old living at home and going to school on his parents dime is still a child .

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    As much as many want to belive, his dad isn't worried about sex. It's about giving his son more than he deserve or can handle. An 18 year old living at home and going to school on his parents dime is still a child .
    I have to admit that's more likely to be it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12