+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashamed of my kind

Ashamed of my kind

That's it. I (a man) am officially ashamed of men. We're rude, uninterested, (sexually) frustrated assholes.

What the **** is wrong these days? Chivalry is completely dead. I hear friends and colleagues talk about how many girls they can kiss with in one night out. They're talking about (and I'm ****ing quoting here): "****ing this chick and ditching her the next day".
    What the hell happened to some mutual respect? What the hell is wrong with being nice and interested in the girl as a person? What does she like, what are her hobbies? What does she do for a living? What does she study?
    When I ask such question to guys, I get pretty much the same answer every time: "I don't care"

reading through this forum (and going on personal experience) I've come to learn that being "the good guy" as it were, means getting friendzoned before you've completed the sentence "how's your day?".

If this means I'm going to stay single for the rest of my life, I'm good with that. No ****ing way I'm ever turning into an aforementioned dickhead.

I'm ashamed of what most men are and I don't want to be part of this.

Enjoy the rest of your day
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovehearts View Post
    I wouldn't beat yourself up about it, there are some really nice guys out there who are kind and virtuous...
    I know there are still some good guys, but they're becoming an endangered species
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

Welcome to this rotten world.You have two choices...be one of them,or be the nice guy...the line between these two is really narrow and you wont stay on the line forever and eventualy,youll fall into one of those groups.

Ive chosen to be the nice guy who will be forever alone...but i dont believe that there are no women who will like such ppl...

Quote Originally Posted by LdFilip View Post
    Welcome to this rotten world.You have two choices...be one of them,or be the nice guy...the line between these two is really narrow and you wont stay on the line forever and eventualy,youll fall into one of those groups.

Ive chosen to be the nice guy who will be forever alone...but i dont believe that there are no women who will like such ppl...
    Oh I know. I've chosen the "nice guy" path as well. Won't change. So yeah. I'll probably be single for the rest of my life.

Shame, but I've had to let go of other dreams as well...

And the sadest thing is,that such people will make you despise of mankind...including yourself as well...

I don't really despise mankind, but there certainly are a lot of bad people.

LOL you are so wrong. I myself would never date an a**hole as you describe. And believe me, I know a lot of men who are exactly like that - I just choose to avoid them. I have no time for disrespectful, cruel and ignorant people in my life. Besides, as the OP says, most guys are like that nowadays. Which just makes them even more boring/irritating.

Stop confusing "nice guys" with doormats please. My boyfriend is most definitely a "nice guy". And I'm not in the minority - of all my female friends, only a couple are into the as*hole type of guy. All the others are in happy loving relationships with "nice guys".
    Last edited by searock; 23-01-12 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    LOL you are so wrong. I myself would never date an a**hole as you describe. And believe me, I know a lot of men who are exactly like that - I just choose to avoid them. I have no time for disrespectful, cruel and ignorant people in my life. Besides, as the OP says, most guys are like that nowadays. Which just makes them even more boring/irritating.

Stop confusing "nice guys" with doormats please. My boyfriend is most definitely a "nice guy". And I'm not in the minority - of all my female friends, only a couple are into the as*hole type of guy. All the others are in happy loving relationships with "nice guys".
    Well...depends on how you see a "nice guy",cos what you see is a normall guy,your bf for example...but the real "nice guy"is someone,who is your BEST friend,but nothing more.And you will never ever think about him as something more then just a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post

Thát's my point. There are a lot of 'em...

And it seems to be that they're spreading....I've been called "gay" "a pussy" or a "softie" just for trying to be gallant and respectful to a girl.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalPhoenix View Post
    Thát's my point. There are a lot of 'em...

And it seems to be that they're spreading....I've been called "gay" "a pussy" or a "softie" just for trying to be gallant and respectful to a girl.
    Bullshit.

There's most likely a lot more going on. It's possible to be good to women and not a complete pushover.

I am not saying that there aren't a lot of disrespectful ignorant persons in the world. I'm saying that it's not true that most girls don't like "nice guys".

Quote Originally Posted by LdFilip View Post
    Well...depends on how you see a "nice guy",cos what you see is a normall guy,your bf for example...but the real "nice guy"is someone,who is your BEST friend,but nothing more.And you will never ever think about him as something more then just a friend.
    Uuh, no. A "nice guy" is what the words mean. You are talking about something else (doormat is my guess). BTW - my boyfriend used to be (still is) my best friend, and there was a time in which I believed I would never think about him as something other than a friend. Just so you know.

sadie_genie Guest
    This is why women should be smart about who they sleep with. Give it time to see if the guy sticks around before sleeping with him if she wants quality men.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalPhoenix View Post
    That's it. I (a man) am officially ashamed of men. We're rude, uninterested, (sexually) frustrated assholes.
    If this means I'm going to stay single for the rest of my life, I'm good with that. No ****ing way I'm ever turning into an aforementioned dickhead.
    You're joking, right? Even if what you posted is true (and I doubt it, its just who you are hanging with--get a new crowd), it means that you will become an increasingly valuable commodity. Their 'ahhsole-ness' is your opportunity.

Think about it: if women want a chivalrous, kind, responsible man--and they can't find him b/c there are an increasing amount of assholes--then that makes you VERY attractive.

Men who act like assholes are a product of 2 things: poor breeding or desperation. Same for women, btw. What you need to do learn to recognize your opportunities, and be like a patient hunter. There are plenty of asshole-weary women out there. Patient ladies (more rare), are also looking for someone like you, tho they might be harder to spot.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Patient ladies (more rare), are also looking for someone like you
    No, they're really not. They're looking for good guys. This guy is proving he's not one of them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast