+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ashamed of my kind

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    They've likely called you those names due to your pentchant for drama rather than for being "gallant and respectful." O_o
    I try to be nice to women. When I hear guys talking about women in the way I described in the OP, then I sometimes ask them what's wrong with being respectful.
    I'm not out for drama. I just want to know why those guys talk the way they do.
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You're joking, right? Even if what you posted is true (and I doubt it, its just who you are hanging with--get a new crowd), it means that you will become an increasingly valuable commodity. Their 'ahhsole-ness' is your opportunity.

Think about it: if women want a chivalrous, kind, responsible man--and they can't find him b/c there are an increasing amount of assholes--then that makes you VERY attractive.
    Myeah...no...
    It makes me a good friend. Never the boyfriend. Ever heard of the sentence "I thought we were just friends"?
    I've been single all my life. I'm now even at a point that I won't tell a girl how I feel about her, because it'll kill the friendship. This is from experience.
    Girls don't want me as their boyfriend.

Men who act like assholes are a product of 2 things: poor breeding or desperation. Same for women, btw. What you need to do learn to recognize your opportunities, and be like a patient hunter. There are plenty of asshole-weary women out there. Patient ladies (more rare), are also looking for someone like you, tho they might be harder to spot.
    My friends are indeed quite decent, but my colleagues can be real dicks. So I can't really avoid them. Kinda forced to interact with 'em.
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    No, they're really not. They're looking for good guys. This guy is proving he's not one of them.
    You mean I'm not a good guy?

why do you think that?

Dude, there's a difference between being a nice guy and being a pussy.
    You can be a nice guy and still have an abundance of confidence. You can be a nice guy and still accept a one night stand if it comes your way. You can still be a nice guy and not get dumped in (or a accept) the friend zone.

The "I thought we were friends line" is always given to guys that have given a girl no inkling of being attracted to a girl before suddenly dumping "I like you a lot" on her, usually after months of friendship.

You need to learn some tact, get some confidence, and grow a pair.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Dude, there's a difference between being a nice guy and being a pussy.
    You can be a nice guy and still have an abundance of confidence. You can be a nice guy and still accept a one night stand if it comes your way. You can still be a nice guy and not get dumped in (or a accept) the friend zone.

The "I thought we were friends line" is always given to guys that have given a girl no inkling of being attracted to a girl before suddenly dumping "I like you a lot" on her, usually after months of friendship.

You need to learn some tact, get some confidence, and grow a pair.
    ^ This.

OP, you seem to not know the difference between a nice guy and a doormat ("pussy").

There are a lot more nice guys around than you would think. They aren't as loud and irritating as guys like your colleagues are because, well, they are "nice".

BTW, how many of your colleagues are in happy, loving, long term relationships? I don't think many of them are. Who would want to spend their life with a disrespectful ignorant jerk?

I'm not a doormat. I'll give my opinion and I won't be used by anyone.

I just try to be respectful and nice. But somehow a lot of people seem to think that's wrong these days.

Look. I can accept the fact that I'll stay single for the rest of my life. I just cannot deny the fact that a lot of men are assholes. And I see 'em more and more..
    And I've heard a couple of stories where it goes way beyond the verbal abuse

And btw:

How the **** is me saying that there are a lot of bad guys out there being turned around into me being a pussy.

**** you people. Even here, trying to be nice and actually apologizing for something is being screwed into me being a loser

You said that people tell you you're a pussy because you are a nice guy. I say that nice guys don't get called that just because they are nice guys, so there has to be another reason. That's all. And I think we all know that there are a lot of assholes in the world, male and female.

Just stop thinking that the girls you've asked out turned you down *because you are a "nice guy"*. That's not the reason: most girls are into nice guys.
    Last edited by searock; 23-01-12 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    You said that people tell you you're a pussy because you are a nice guy. I say that nice guys don't get called that just because they are nice guys, so there has to be another reason. That's all. And I think we all know that there are a lot of assholes in the world, male and female.

Just stop thinking that the girls you've asked out turned you down *because you are a "nice guy"*. That's not the reason: most girls are into nice guys.
    I don't. they turn me down because I'm a lame and boring person. But I try my very best to treat people the way I'd like to be treated.
    This is not about me not being able to get a girlfriend or not. This is about how women are treated by a lot of men

And once again: I can accept the fact that I'm going to be single for a long time to come. I just don't understand why a lot of assholes behave the way they do. It's 2012. This distinction of "women belong in the kitchen, while men provide and make the money". A lot of people still actually think like that and that's something I cannot stand.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalPhoenix View Post
    You mean I'm not a good guy?

why do you think that?
    And btw:

How the **** is me saying that there are a lot of bad guys out there being turned around into me being a pussy.

**** you people. Even here, trying to be nice and actually apologizing for something is being screwed into me being a loser
    You're "nice" and apologize - but don't actually listen to anyone who's trying to help, and instead whine about being single and how everyone else is the problem.

Until you get over yourself, you're not going to get anywhere with women.

When will you people learn to read...for ****'s sake
    THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME!!!!

This is about how a lot of guys these days act like assholes who show no respect and treat people like garbage.

YES, I know I'm pathetic, but that's on ME. I can't be fixed. I appreciate you're trying to help, but I didn't ask for any help. LEARN TO READ. Where do I ask for your help about me being single. I've mentioned it, but I NEVER asked for your opinion on this.

I'm just saying that I find it terrible that a lot of people act like assholes. THAT IT. I know I have problems too. I don't want your help with that. I just want your opinion on what I mentioned in the OP

Yes there are arseholes on the planet. And this is new information how?

Why you are being "picked on", so to speak, in this thread is this. You blame the arseholes and women for the fact that you are going to be single for the rest of your life. If you were really ok with this you wouldn't have mentioned it so many times. You come off as the whiney "I blame the world for my problems" type. This is not attractive to anybody. It's why I called you a pussy and told you to grow a pair.

Yes, chivalry is dying, but that doesn't mean the average woman won't miss it if it doesn't make a comeback. I still know quite a few gentlemen, but let me tell you, being polite and pulling out a chair once in a while does not guarantee a guy is not an arsehole.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

screw it...I'm out

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When will you people learn to read...for ****'s sake
    THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME!!!!

This is about how a lot of guys these days act like assholes who show no respect and treat people like garbage.

YES, I know I'm pathetic, but that's on ME. I can't be fixed. I appreciate you're trying to help, but I didn't ask for any help. LEARN TO READ. Where do I ask for your help about me being single. I've mentioned it, but I NEVER asked for your opinion on this.

I'm just saying that I find it terrible that a lot of people act like assholes. THAT IT. I know I have problems too. I don't want your help with that. I just want your opinion on what I mentioned in the OP
    We talked about your OP until you made this post:

Oh I know. I've chosen the "nice guy" path as well. Won't change. So yeah. I'll probably be single for the rest of my life.

Shame, but I've had to let go of other dreams as well...
    You made it about you, not us - in the 5th post of the thread, no less. We tried to help, because that's what we do.

Now, you're having an iMeltdown about the whole thing. That's only something you can control.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    We talked about your OP until you made this post:

You made it about you, not us - in the 5th post of the thread, no less. We tried to help, because that's what we do.

Now, you're having an iMeltdown about the whole thing. That's only something you can control.
    Yes, I posted that in response to:
    Quote Originally Posted by LdFilip View Post
    Welcome to this rotten world.You have two choices...be one of them,or be the nice guy...the line between these two is really narrow and you wont stay on the line forever and eventualy,youll fall into one of those groups.

Ive chosen to be the nice guy who will be forever alone...but i dont believe that there are no women who will like such ppl...
    And even after I specifically said:
    I'm not out for drama. I just want to know why those guys talk the way they do.
    you still wouldn't listen

And to MaidenMinx:

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Yes there are arseholes on the planet. And this is new information how?
    No..it's not new. It's just gotten to such a level that not only do I notice, I'm actually ashamed of what I am (a man)

Why you are being "picked on", so to speak, in this thread is this. You blame the arseholes and women for the fact that you are going to be single for the rest of your life.
    No I didn't. I specifically said:
    I don't. they turn me down because I'm a lame and boring person.
    I know I have problems and I told you that those faults are on me:
    YES, I know I'm pathetic, but that's on ME. I can't be fixed.
    I hope this clears some stuff up

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast