+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So unbelievably confused right now :(

So unbelievably confused right now :(

So, me and my girlfriend broke up about 3 months ago now, we were together for 3 years & she cheated on me and we literally broke up there & then. Didn't even try to sort it out, or anything. She is now with th person she cheated on me with.

We stayed in contact, but its obviously been very rocky, just before christmas i asked her to stop contacting me, but she hasnt stopped & I get the odd message most weeks. Last week she text me saying she knows im the best person for her etc & then the following day she says she is happy in her new relationship?! I also saw her on a night out last week, she literally just said hi, nothing else. It was strange, she later told me "her legs went like jelly" when she saw me.

Anyway, i thought i should just try my hardest and put it all to bed...I had been seeing someone to desperately try & get over her, but that all went down hill as it was obv jus a rebound...so last night was my first official single night out! I went out with some friends, one of which I had a short term relationship with about 3 years ago...(were still great friends, but always have a spark - and she now has a long term bf) and we kissed. It was totally random, weird & strange. But all day i've been thinking about her. I know shes happy woth her bf, but its totally messed with my head. I feel like im trying to get comfort from people who i am comfortable around. I miss my ex gf (of 3 years) so incredibly much & I want her back so so badly.

I just don't know what to do :-( I have such a sinking feeling. I just want to be loved by her again. Thing is, I cant say any more words to her, she knows how I feel...shes just dangling me off a thread. Kissing my friend last night confused me, because I wondered why, after so long, it felt so comfortable
    To kiss her?!

Whats goin on in my head?!?! Im so lonely :-(

I think you answered your own question. You are searching to be with someone because you are lonely and everyone goes through this stage after a break-up. My suggestion is to not pursue your ex or your friend. There is no need to go down that road where someone is already in a relationship. It's better to not let it start than to stop it. Try
    meeting someone new.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Change your phone number. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Change your phone number. Seriously.
    I SECOND THAT. Remove all elements of her. The fastest way over a woman is to get under a new one. Seriously, that's not me trying to be a jerk. You gotta learn from it and move on at the same time. Get out there. I know man, it hurts, I am going through some similar BS myself with the obnoxious texts when SHE is lonely and I kept getting sucked in every time. Gotta move on, and trust me, she will freak out when she can't text or call you and when she comes running.... POLITELY tell her that you have moved on. It sounds crappy, but it will make you feel better later when you aren't nasty about it. If she doesn't come running, you haven't lost anything except dead weight. Good luck man. Hang ten toes and jump into the sea of singles. Every relationship before the successful one, fails. Keep that in the back of your brain housing group.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.