+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she in the wrong?

Is she in the wrong?

Went out with this girl for a year and half, we are in college and both 20 years old. We had a pretty serious break up. She lives with 4 other guys and 3 other girls and during our break up this one guy who is her roommate took advantage of the situation and started to do everything, asking her out on dates and such and treating her nicely and doing everything for her after the break up. This guy apparently convinced her not to get back with me when she seemed like she wanted to get back with me or thinking about it according to my friends. Always asking how I was doing and such. Just to note that when we were dating I would go to their place and I was able to talk to all her roommates, except this guy. This guy always seemed to ignore me or was really distant, plus hes pretty unattractive even my ex admits and never had a girlfriend before. Well my ex seemed to have manipulated me by going to my house about 3 times where we hooked up and did it. She later told him and he said out of his true love for her he will accept her back. It should be noted that this is 3 weeks after the break up, which she clearly isnt over me yet because shes the one always contacting me and calling me. Plus how can you truly love someone so fast, 3 weeks? Well fast forward now she wanted me back over winter break, but I found out that they had sex so I ignored her for a month which I thought I was really done with her. After winter break I saw her and got all those emotions back and asked her back which she said no. Now they are officially together. In my opinion I think the dude is a total loser to be honest. What do you guys think of the both of them? Do you think their relationship will last? Is she in the wrong for being so easily manipulated and dating someone who I think is a total loser? She changed alot for the worst and I guess the only think I want is for her to realize her mistakes because she was a way better person before and it would be such a shame.
    Last edited by xztjohn; 24-01-12 at 04:10 PM.

It doesn't matter who's wrong or right. She doesn't sound right for YOU.

You have to understand that some girls are easily manipulated. I know some of them. That said, you need to learn to identify them and avoid being hurt by them. They will never be able to be committed because they are influenced so much by others.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    It doesn't matter who's wrong or right. She doesn't sound right for YOU.

You have to understand that some girls are easily manipulated. I know some of them. That said, you need to learn to identify them and avoid being hurt by them. They will never be able to be committed because they are influenced so much by others.
    This guy has posted several times. I said what she does is none of his business.....if she wants to be a skank, then so be it.....worry about yourself. I believe it's a case of being a sore loser b/c she preferred to hook up with an ugly loner dude.

the only thing you should do is get over her and wish the best for them. That's all. Find another one who is suitable 4 u

Its been about 2 months after the break up and I think I am beginning to get over her. I am a little bitter about how everything happened though since this is my first relationship with someone and have it ended like this. Are you saying that I'm a sore loser because she chose him? I feel like when she asked me back I could have said yes and took her back, but it wouldn't be for the right reasons. I don't think it would last and it would have caused soooo much drama

Break ups are never "great". It's just a matter of putting your feelings aside and move on as quickly as possible. Easier said than done but this is how we learn about life, through experiences such as yours.