+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some serious advice

Need some serious advice

My girlfriend and I broke up because we fought alot and she'd had enough. Some of the fights were serious but most really stupid and i've admitted to her that I had been an idiot and pretty much fu*ked up. She tells me that she still loves me but cant deal with all the drama. Ive had some time to re-asses the situation and what went wrong and i've told her where i've made mistakes. She said she was sad that it took me this long to realise what I had done..we met up last night to discuss everything and it went quite well. I kept my composure, was really cool about it, took everything she said on board and was just generally understanding. She said she still loved me but didnt think that things could change right now. I kissed her and she told me to stop..we continued talking, cracking a few jokes and just chilling. I finally got up to leave ( I hadnt been there for more than an hour) she walked me out kissed me and hugged me really tight. A little later, she texted me saying "I am sorry we couldnt work things out you know?" I replied " I know, I guess its for the best" she replied "Yeah, I think so"...Now in my mind, I obviously love her and would jump at the chance to work things out but feel like im getting mixed signals from her. She was never firm in saying its over (although we are broken up) and her actions last night showed me that she was also being a little weak about it. I said it was for the best but I didnt actually mean it..I dont want her to think im clingy and desperate..My question is, what should I do? I really do want to work things out with her but feel like maybe she needs space? I dont want to lose her..or am I too late?

Thanks in advance

Give it time and give her space man. If it's meant to be she will be back. Sometimes people just need space to figure out what they need/ want in life and if your constantly trying to get her back it's gonna push her away. Give her time and give yourself time and figure out what you need to do to improve your relationship find yourself and let her find herself and just take it easy. I'm not really the one to give advice because I have been in some horrible situations when it comes to relationships but everything is starting to make sense now so just do what you think is right in your situation because you cant really have other people try to tell you what to do because we don't know your exact situation and both of your guy's feelings about each other so just do what you think is right. Hope I helped...

"Don't stress over what could've been, chances are if it should've been, it would've been."

Regardless, you're just going to do it all over again if you get back with her. Get some counseling.

Time apart will do one of two things, she will measure the pros and cons and accept it's for the better, or she will miss you so damn much she will be willing to give it another try. You know all she wanted was for you to listen to her and be more receptive of her feelings, so it's a matter whether or not you will follow through.....right now she doesn't trust you. You are right she is not done yet, the break up is still fresh and she needs time to think, so back off, no contact. You can do more for your situation by doing less. Give it about 2 to 3 weeks. If you don't hear from her, respect her wishes and move on.

It's good that you see your mistakes. Even if things don't work out, these lessons that you have learned from this experience will help you with your future relationships.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by smackie9; 26-01-12 at 10:18 PM.

Your are going to have to let it go. As much as you want it right now when you had it did you didnt do what she needed which was listen to her on whatever the issues were. People will only take so much, a lot of timeswhen the other person finaly realizes it too late. Move on, the game of break up and make up is never good...isses might be corrected but in the end things go back the same and then you wasted more time and are more hurt. take the break but realize is a breakup and you prob will never see her again. everyone messes up, try to correct this so its not a pattern and if you date a new girl just listen to her, thats all they want mang kong!