+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do young men like to hang out?

Where do young men like to hang out?

Where can I meet decent guys? I’m interested in meeting new people who are around my age, something between 21-23 and I don’t like going to night clubs, where else can I meet nice guys? Any ideas? I’ve finished college and at work there aren’t any guys I like. Please don’t say church because I don’t go there, although I’ve known a few super cute guys who attend church a way back ^^. Or would you say there is a chance to meet decent men in clubs?
    Thank you very much in advance
    Last edited by filler; 30-01-12 at 06:39 AM.

if you want quality guys, go where clean and wholesome activities are happening. If you want action guys who probably won't call you the next day, go to a club.

what do you mean by clean activities? could you please give me some examples? where I would have enough time to interact with guys so that they wouldn't leave?

If you want to meet genuine guys, join a club or pick up a hobby of some sort. What interests do you have? Is there anything you've thought might be fun but have never tried?
    Could be anything from a charity, a sporting club, a dance studio, to a game orientated club or a debating society. Have a look around and see what interests you, then give it a shot

Oh i see, I was thinking about Karate but it might be expensive I'm trying to save money lol, athletic something related and I like ice skating too, don't know if i'd be able to meet boys there, just wanna joing a club where there would be mostly guys cuz i wanna have a choice you know, some clubs might not have any men in there, or even if they have might not be a lot, i mostly like singing and painting but don't think there is any clubs for that, right now karate sounds like it would be the best place to meet guys, but i wonder if I'm overlooking some other areas
    Last edited by filler; 30-01-12 at 11:03 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Try a hiking club or a meetup group, or get a job in a hospital. They are overrun with good guys. (Unfortunately, most of the single ones are too young for me.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think saying you don't want to meet a guy in a club is a cop out. We are all normal adults here....all looking for a good relationship... And we all go to clubs. Do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by filler View Post
    Where can I meet decent guys? I’m interested in meeting new people who are around my age, something between 21-23 and I don’t like going to night clubs, where else can I meet nice guys? Any ideas? I’ve finished college and at work there aren’t any guys I like. Please don’t say church because I don’t go there, although I’ve known a few super cute guys who attend church a way back ^^. Or would you say there is a chance to meet decent men in clubs?
    Thank you very much in advance
    You must be a chick I work with. To answer what you are really asking; to find super cute guys you're going to need to compete. Which probably means making mutual friends or mutual activities if he isn't already long term taken and fighting over him with all the other girls. Alternatively clubs, where you'll need to put out a fair few times and not get called before you strike it lucky. You need to be either very gorgeous, or submissive in a willing to please kind of way because the kind of guys you're after are blindsightred to how lucky they are and get attention from A LOT of girls.

Good looking girls ignore the majority of men, who are in turn ignored (or simply used for sexual relations) by the few luckily enough to be attractive, men.
    Last edited by BoredGeorge; 30-01-12 at 06:27 PM.

GF1 - Met through motorbike club
    GF2 - Met at party of mutual friend
    GF3 - Met through animal rights club
    GF4 - Met through animal rights club
    GF5 - Met because she moved in next door to my apartment
    GF6 - Met because I did a training course where she worked
    GF7 - Online dating
    GF8 - Online dating

Seems from my own experience it's either gonna happen for you through some kind of leisure activity/sport/interest or through online. I have never ever yet met a GF in a pub or nightclub. And at 48 years of age I think you can say I've been around the block a bit.

Your ice skating idea sounds like a good one. See if there are any regular meet ups at your local rink, or even dance ice skating or something of the sort.

Also, dammit. You've reminded me how awesome ice skating is now

There's nothing wrong with your karate idea, unless it costs too much (ice skating isn't cheap where I come from though).

Quote Originally Posted by Jarndyce View Post
    Your ice skating idea sounds like a good one. See if there are any regular meet ups at your local rink, or even dance ice skating or something of the sort.

Also, dammit. You've reminded me how awesome ice skating is now

There's nothing wrong with your karate idea, unless it costs too much (ice skating isn't cheap where I come from though).
    Or a swingers club. Young females probably get in for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Or a swingers club. Young females probably get in for free.
    How did I not think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    You must be a chick I work with. To answer what you are really asking; to find super cute guys you're going to need to compete. Which probably means making mutual friends or mutual activities if he isn't already long term taken and fighting over him with all the other girls. Alternatively clubs, where you'll need to put out a fair few times and not get called before you strike it lucky. You need to be either very gorgeous, or submissive in a willing to please kind of way because the kind of guys you're after are blindsightred to how lucky they are and get attention from A LOT of girls.

Good looking girls ignore the majority of men, who are in turn ignored (or simply used for sexual relations) by the few luckily enough to be attractive, men.
    well, the guys i work with are doing the same type of job that I do, which means, they're doing a chicky work which i do, not only that they are all fat and older than me, which i have no interest in, Gorgeous guys have never ignored me, not once, it was I who ignored them cuz I wasn't ready to be in a relationship, not because I disliked them. Right now, my life is going in the direction I want it to go to and I'm a bit more relaxed than before and feel like I might be ready to date before it's too late lol, if I had to fight for a guy I would never even talk to him, the first thing that turns me on in a guy is his interest in me, fighting for a man isn't my thing no matter how cute he is, I'm just trying to meet, a fairly tall and with a good physical looks, just like many men wouldn't wanna date fat ladies, I wouldn't wanna date a guy with an extra weight, i still respect them though but it doesn't turn me on, and I of course want a man to do the man's job, which is more than what I can do, and I want him to have an ambition which I also have, and to do that I need to go out of my current circle and join a new one to meet new people.

Other than that I'm very grateful for the great advises I got from everyone. I will try every area suggested even might go to clubs couple of times now. thank you if you have more to add you're welcome, I wouldn't try on-line because I already did and it didn't work, I hate on-line dating web sites there is nothing better than meeting men face to face for me anyways, thank you!!!!

school is a huge institution filled with guys. Online dating are filled with single guys waiting for your message. But if you don't want to find guys by either of this....take up a hobby. Any physical activities like you mentioned karate would be good. The teacher may partner you up with a guy....there will be some physical contact....and then BAM...who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    Online dating are filled with single guys waiting for your message.
    Online dating is filled with men and women. Not just sad single guys. I met my GF through online so please don't generalise because that is stupid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast