+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what does it mean when ur G/F wants time to herself????

what does it mean when ur G/F wants time to herself????

my G/F told me that she wants time to herself to think about our relationship plus other issues in her life. what may this mean??? does she want to break up???

Quote Originally Posted by xr6t
    my G/F told me that she wants time to herself to think about our relationship plus other issues in her life. what may this mean??? does she want to break up???
    Umm....yup!!!
    It's the most obvious move. Are you a freshmen in High School?
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Xr6t----This sounds like the dreaded "I need my space" line. Your retort should be "Have all the space you need".

Ya, just let her go man. Even if you were able to say, beg her back into your life, the relationship would be too damaged to survive very much longer.

Let her have her space. Take some for yourself too. She may realize she wants you back, and then it will be your decision for once. Wouldn't it feel good to actually have some say in your romantic life, as opposed to being jerked around by an indecisive girl?

Take this as a break-up. Accept no pleas for "friendship." If she wants space then that's what she's getting! The strategy is "No Contact." Here's a link to a thread that kind of explains it (towards the bottom.)

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/t6245-much-ado-aboutnothing.html[/url]

Good luck, kiddo! Stay strong, we're all here for ya.

As much as I'd like to jump onto the bandwagon and say that she definately dumping you, I'm reminded of a situation that I was in very recently. I asked my girlfriend for a break for a few weeks. I said that we needed some time apart. And I was completely serious. I wasn't trying to break up with her, I just needed some time alone. We got back together after a bit of time, and are still together to this day. So although my situation was extremely rare, it does bring up the point that it's not always meant as just a easy way to end a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by xr6t
    It means she wants to break up with you.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

The best thing to do is to give her this space, but make it clear to her that you're not going to sit around. This does two things. It makes her realize that maybe she might be making a mistake and see that you can live a life without her and it also shows your inner strength that you won't allow anyone to control your life, but you. If she just wants a "break", then it could mean exactly that as optical mentioned. However, I'd have to agree with most people that she does want to break up with you. It happened to me. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's reality.

You could also be bold and tell her that if this means to break up with you, then just to do it, because you don't want to give her this space in hopes that she "may" end up coming back. The more it drags on, the worse shape you'll be in. If you know sooner than later, it may hurt now, but at least it will give you more of an opportunity to see what life has to offer. Remember that we're here for you and feel free to update us whenever you feel the need. Good luck!

Cdoc